ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gu27xh
Newly Registered

Which Visa?

Post by gu27xh » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 pm

I asked this question via email to the Visa Service Center, and did not receive a complete reply. Including, its the applicant's choice to which visa to apply for. I asked the Border Agency of UK, and they redirected me to the visa service center, and this time different reply. I then sent the message to the Home Office and Embassy, but still no reply, just stating different means to contact.

My situation:

" I am a PhD student at University of Surrey, UK.I started my PhD in October 2006 in Mechanical Engineering. Then I renewed my application in Feb, 2010 because some of the experiments were not finished. I have submitted my thesis, and waiting for viva (next 4-8 weeks), corrections and submission (within 90 days of exam).

My current UK student visa expired in the middle of May 2011.

I am now in Switzerland, because only monthly email/telephonic contact is required with my supervisor, and when he recommends, I go and visit him to discuss. Therefore I have a full time job in Switzerland. The employer allows me any leave required to visit the university.

Also, in July my parents are visiting UK and then we make a Euro-Tour, therefore I would like to join them in London and make our way back to Europe. Also, I miss shopping in UK, therefore if I could have a visa that allows me to visit UK like once in two or three months.

I have lived in UK since 09-2004 till 10-2010. First for my undergraduate degree, and then for my PhD.

My nationality is Indian.

Please advice and help.

PS: I tried to figure out an appropriate heading for this topic, and the options to post. Please pardon me, if I did not get it right.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Which visa you have in Switzerland?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:29 pm

See student visitors entry clearanceguidance

gu27xh
Newly Registered

Post by gu27xh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Sky_High wrote:Which visa you have in Switzerland?
I have B permit. Which is the work permit. Why?

gu27xh
Newly Registered

Post by gu27xh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Greenie wrote:See student visitors entry clearanceguidance
But do you know, if they give multiple entry student visitor visa?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm

gu27xh wrote:
yes

Marcus Samuel
Newly Registered

Post by Marcus Samuel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:45 pm

gu27xh wrote:

Multiple entry student visa is issued