ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to Tier1 G Dependant - Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1gbee
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to Tier1 G Dependant - Query

Post by t1gbee » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Hi,

I am currently in Tier2 ICT for past 2 years and now I have applied for Extn for next 18 months and will get it shortly. Recently my wife got Tier 1 G and now I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Dependant. Now I am bit confused with some questions and requesting the forum for best suggestion,

1. I believe that the Tier 1 dependant also have the same right to work as Tier 1. Is that correct? or is there any restriction for Tier 1 dependant? ( As I have current Visa for next 18 months, will it be risky step?)

2. Is there any restriction can be imposed by UKBA in future as the Tier 1 dependant should not work?

3. One of my friend told like employer will give preference for tier1. Any experience of treatment from the employers between Tier1 & Tier 1 dependant.

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to Tier1 G Dependant - Query

Post by ddb » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:34 pm

t1gbee wrote:I am currently in Tier2 ICT for past 2 years and now I have applied for Extn for next 18 months and will get it shortly. Recently my wife got Tier 1 G and now I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Dependant.
Note that you can't switch in-country.
t1gbee wrote:1. I believe that the Tier 1 dependant also have the same right to work as Tier 1. Is that correct?
Yes.
t1gbee wrote:2. Is there any restriction can be imposed by UKBA in future as the Tier 1 dependant should not work?
Perhaps; considering the way they keep changing the rules, but for now no restriction.
t1gbee wrote:3. One of my friend told like employer will give preference for tier1. Any experience of treatment from the employers between Tier1 & Tier 1 dependant.
Only the employer knows what they'd prefer, but given that the employer would not be responsible for keeping the employee's resident status up to date, one can see why they'd much prefer the Tier 1 route.

BEENAEEM

Post by BEENAEEM » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:32 pm

i am tier 1 dependent and my brp card says not permitted to work

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:01 pm

BEENAEEM wrote:i am tier 1 dependent and my brp card says not permitted to work
As far as I was aware, Tier 1(General) dependants are allowed to work, however partners may not be allowed to work as doctors in training.

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... switching/

t1gbee
Newly Registered

Post by t1gbee » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:07 am

Thanks a lot for your reply.
ddb wrote:
t1gbee wrote:I am currently in Tier2 ICT for past 2 years and now I have applied for Extn for next 18 months and will get it shortly. Recently my wife got Tier 1 G and now I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Dependant.
Note that you can't switch in-country.
t1gbee wrote:1. I believe that the Tier 1 dependant also have the same right to work as Tier 1. Is that correct?
Yes.
t1gbee wrote:2. Is there any restriction can be imposed by UKBA in future as the Tier 1 dependant should not work?
Perhaps; considering the way they keep changing the rules, but for now no restriction.
t1gbee wrote:3. One of my friend told like employer will give preference for tier1. Any experience of treatment from the employers between Tier1 & Tier 1 dependant.
Only the employer knows what they'd prefer, but given that the employer would not be responsible for keeping the employee's resident status up to date, one can see why they'd much prefer the Tier 1 route.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:10 pm

ddb wrote:
As far as I was aware, Tier 1(General) dependants are allowed to work, however partners may not be allowed to work as doctors in training.

What is a difference between Tier 1 (General) dependant and Tier 1 (General) partner?
See also 319D(iii).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ddb wrote:

What is a difference between Tier 1 (General) dependant and Tier 1 (General) partner?
There's no difference. I merely highlighted that because regarding Beenaeem's status, I believe she's the dependant (partner) of a Doctor in training, but t1gbee is not.

t1gbee
Newly Registered

Post by t1gbee » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi ddb/Susdmetha,

We have received the BRPs and the detail in the BRP is

Tier 1 Main Applicant - RESTRICTED WORK - NO DR/DEN TRAIN OR SPORTSPERSON

Tier 1 Dependent (kid - 3 yrs - WORK PERMITTED

Is this correct or something wrong? I believe the WORK PERMITTED should be printed to Tier 1 Main Applicant. Pls correct me if I am wrong

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:53 pm

t1gbee wrote:Hi ddb/Susdmetha,

Is this correct or something wrong? I believe the WORK PERMITTED should be printed to Tier 1 Main Applicant. Pls correct me if I am wrong
The details printed for the Tier 1 (General) Main Applicant are correct.

'RESTRICTED WORK - NO DR/DEN TRAIN OR SPORTPERSON' means not allowed to work as a Doctor/Dentist in training or as a Sports person, but permitted to do any other type of work.

Congrats on getting your permits. All the best to you and your family.

t1gbee
Newly Registered

Post by t1gbee » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

ddb wrote:
t1gbee wrote:Hi ddb/Susdmetha,

The details printed for the Tier 1 (General) Main Applicant are correct.

'RESTRICTED WORK - NO DR/DEN TRAIN OR SPORTPERSON' means not allowed to work as a Doctor/Dentist in training or as a Sports person, but permitted to do any other type of work.

Congrats on getting your permits. All the best to you and your family.