ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Visa when baby born..i.e caring for baby

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Extending Visa when baby born..i.e caring for baby

Post by asifkhan78 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Dear Freinds,

My PSW expires on 23rd June 2011 along with my wife (she is PSW dependant).

My son born on 3rd June and his passport is in process with our embassy. I just want to ask that can I extend my visa for some time (Say 2 months or 3 months) on the basis of baby i.e caring for baby here in UK..

Any suggestions please....

Thanks for looking and spending sometime....

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Extending Visa when baby born..i.e caring for baby

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:51 pm

asifkhan78 wrote:I just want to ask that can I extend my visa for some time (Say 2 months or 3 months) on the basis of baby i.e caring for baby here in UK..
Tier 1 (PSW) cannot be extended.

You will have to switch to another PBS route.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:12 pm

asifkhan78 wrote:Dear Freinds,

My son born on 3rd June and his passport is in process with our embassy. I just want to ask that can I extend my visa for some time (Say 2 months or 3 months) on the basis of baby i.e caring for baby here in UK..

Most airlines allow travel of infants over 1 week old. I was thinking you might be able to extend using the 'special circumstances' clause. But considering that PSW can't be extended anyway, and that the UKBA will certainly be aware of infants your son's age being able to travel, I think there is no 'special' way through. I'd suggest you start planning to leave, or trying to change your category. Keep in mind that if you make an application for another category, you will technically keep your current visa status until that visa application is decided. Just a thought....

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asifkhan78 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 pm

ddb wrote:
asifkhan78 wrote:I just want to ask that can I extend my visa for some time (Say 2 months or 3 months) on the basis of baby i.e caring for baby here in UK..
Tier 1 (PSW) cannot be extended.

You will have to switch to another PBS route.
Thank u very much ddb for nice reply....i have already planned to switch to Tier 4....it was just an option if I could have used...
Thanks again

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asifkhan78 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:09 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
asifkhan78 wrote:Dear Freinds,

Most airlines allow travel of infants over 1 week old. I was thinking you might be able to extend using the 'special circumstances' clause. But considering that PSW can't be extended anyway, and that the UKBA will certainly be aware of infants your son's age being able to travel, I think there is no 'special' way through. I'd suggest you start planning to leave, or trying to change your category. Keep in mind that if you make an application for another category, you will technically keep your current visa status until that visa application is decided. Just a thought....
Thank u very much ouflak1 for nice reply....i have already planned to switch to Tier 4....it was just an option if I could have used...
Thanks again