ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 pm

nanette wrote:Hi Marisa,
Just relax a bit, you should get positve news soon.

Meanwhile, start looking for work again.
Unfortunately, I have arranged to take a leave for family reasons in July for a month and I cannot cancel it. I'll start looking around in August.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 am

Marisa wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Marisa,
yes that's exactly what happened so I doubt getting the approval, just hoping and pray to god, that's what I can do.

hopefully they will not send any further request for more documents
Well, knowing that some people manage to get their citizenship approved whilst living on a social welfare, I'd say they may well not ask for it.
But what if they'd ask for it later on - would it be really bad for you? Are you out of work now?
no just working on contract basis, and that's not in regular basis it means when the company I work for have work I get paid but when the don't I will not.
peace on you

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:06 pm

TEST

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 pm

hi- i would like some information from the more experienced members here- i called tipp. to-day And was told my file was sent to ministers' office for a decision- so i ask how long before i can expect an answer. She said a couple of weeks I also ask if i need to send more forms like the p20 and any other paper-work s She said not at all because file was already sent for the decision , no more documens. Can my file still be turned down by the minister ? or is this just the next step forward.I Applied Aprill in the year of 2009.

Iam working full-time since 2003 but claimed job seekers benefit for a brief period Oct 2006 until 23/03/07. Will they keep this against me ? I wOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE, please, i appreciete it a lot.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:36 pm

westerner wrote:hi- i would like some information from the more experienced members here- i called tipp. to-day And was told my file was sent to ministers' office for a decision- so i ask how long before i can expect an answer. She said a couple of weeks I also ask if i need to send more forms like the p20 and any other paper-work s She said not at all because file was already sent for the decision , no more documens. Can my file still be turned down by the minister ? or is this just the next step forward.I Applied Aprill in the year of 2009.

Iam working full-time since 2003 but claimed job seekers benefit for a brief period Oct 2006 until 23/03/07. Will they keep this against me ? I wOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE, please, i appreciete it a lot.
Were you asked to provide additional documents p60, payslips, bank statements at any stage?
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:46 pm

hello 9jerian- cool abbreviation!! NO she said no more paperwork required and she was very sure about her-self so what does it say ?? I can just wait and see.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

westerner wrote:hello 9jerian- cool abbreviation!! NO she said no more paperwork required and she was very sure about her-self so what does it say ?? I can just wait and see.
Hi westerner. Thanks for the compliment. I think you should be ok. Assessment for state dependency is based on the last 3 years, and as far as I know job seeker's benefit for a short period may not count against you. So relax and expect the good news.

9jeirean

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 pm

ok. Thanks very much for prompt reply 9jeiriean

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi 9jeirean,
i jst want to ask u one thing if DoJ says that applicants file is gone to minister for final decision, is it always positive or it could b refusal aswell.
as u r most senior and intellegent member u could give me some clue regarding this question
thanx a lot

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:31 am

still waiting wrote:Hi 9jeirean,
i jst want to ask u one thing if DoJ says that applicants file is gone to minister for final decision, is it always positive or it could b refusal aswell.
as u r most senior and intellegent member u could give me some clue regarding this question
thanx a lot
All the instances I have seen reported on this forum have been positive. Another senior forum member Nanette is firmly of the opinion that a file is only sent to the minister if the outcome is positive. In any case, I don't see any thing in your case in so far as you stated it here to suggest a negative outcome. The only thing is, it is taking a tad longer to get responses back from the ministers office these days. Don't worry, you'll be here celebrating in few weeks.

9jeirean

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:14 am

9jeirean
thanx a lot for the support hopefully everything goes well for everyone,
also u and Nanette are always very helpful for everyone on this forum.
cheers

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:05 am

westerner,
when your file is sent for decision means litterally, INIS recommends you for citizenship and the minister reviews this and signs it.

So you are gonna get it soon it enough

Relax and prepare the 950 euros...:)-

Nanette

westerner wrote:ok. Thanks very much for prompt reply 9jeiriean

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 am

still waiting,

if you don't qualify then INIS won't send your file to the minister. It is sent there as INIS recommends the minister to grant you citizenship. And so you should be fine.

There will be a lot of approval coming before the end of June 2011...Like Marisa, Irish Phaeros, Yourself and many others...

Nanette

still waiting wrote:Hi 9jeirean,
thanx a lot

Aceform
Member of Standing

UK Immigration Cap

Post by Aceform » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 am

Hope they don't do the same here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jun/0 ... ed-workers

UK immigration cap on resettling skilled workers criticised

Business leaders warn home secretary of risk to economic recovery of creating a temporary workforce of skilled migrants

Business leaders have warned that government plans to create a temporary workforce of overseas skilled migrants will be "incredibly disruptive" to Britain's economic recovery.

The latest phase of the drive by the home secretary, Theresa May, to reduce net migration to Britain to below 100,000 a year includes taking away the right to settle in Britain from tens of thousands of skilled workers from outside Europe who have been in the country for five years.

Last year 84,00 skilled migrants were given the right to settle in Britain, but the immigration minister, Damian Green, said that in future only a "tightly controlled minority" of such migrants would be allowed to stay more than five years.

Ministers do, however, intend to make exceptions for the wealthy, with those earning more than £150,000 a year, plus elite athletes and ministers of religion, retaining an automatic route to settlement. Entrepreneurs and investors will also be exempt – those with more than £5m to invest will earn the right to stay in Britain after only three years.

The plan proposes capping the number of "exceptional talent" migrants – world leaders in science, arts and the humanities – who are allowed to stay in the UK permanently. The Home Office consultation paper published on Thursday also discloses that ministers are considering abolishing or restricting the route that allows wealthy families to bring overseas domestic staff, including nannies and cooks, to work in their private households. Restrictions would include limiting their stay and banning such workers from bringing family .

The home secretary said she wanted tier two of the points-based immigration system – which covers skilled workers from outside Europe – to be regarded in future as a temporary rather than permanent migration route.

"Reducing net migration is not just about reducing the numbers coming here; it is also about increasing the numbers who leave after their initial stay," she said. "Only tier one [the most highly skilled route] will give a pathway from entry to settlement for investors and entrepreneurs. We expect most tier two migrants will return home at the end of their stay."

Ministers hope the package will prevent those who arrive in Britain to fill a temporary labour shortage from applying to settle permanently. May said she would soon be publishing proposals to change the rules for those coming to Britain for family reasons, such as marriage.

But Dr Adam Marshall of the British Chambers of Commerce said the immigration system had to protect the economy as well as the borders.

"Turfing out valuable migrant workers who are turned down for settlement would be incredibly disruptive to companies of all sizes, and to the UK's economic recovery," he said. "These proposals could also deter some skilled workers from coming to the UK in the first place. The criteria for which migrants do get settlement rights must reflect business needs and the economy, as well as political considerations."

Habib Rahman, of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, warned the proposals would create a "guest workers" scheme in Britain.

"The guest workers will have a very restricted right to settle in the UK and will have fewer rights when they are here. It will open them up to exploitation and lead to a two-tier workforce in Britain.The restrictions on legitimate avenues to settle is bound to lead to increasing irregularity and overstaying."

Sir Andrew Green of MigrationWatch, which believes immigration levels are too high, said the plan would provide an incentive for employers to train British workers rather than take skilled foreign workers "off the shelf".

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:36 am

Nanette, thanks for giving hope and inspiring with confidence.
Last edited by Marisa on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 am

Irish Pharoe, in my view it is absolutely fine, as long as you’re not withdrawing payments from social welfare. Even in legal terms it may still be considered as continuous employment (I might be wrong , but I heard if the period of layoff is shorter than 26 weeks, it’s named continuous service)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:34 pm

There will be a lot of approval coming before the end of June 2011...Like Marisa, Irish Phaeros, Yourself and many others...

Thanks Nana for the support and optimisim you are giving to us
you are like a nice breath in a long summer night
peace on you

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 pm

any new news friends/?

PaddyBoy
Newly Registered

Post by PaddyBoy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if applying to citizenship with Stamp 4 would make a difference. I am making my application based on a 5 years work permit on Stamp 1 but I have a right to have Samp 4 now.

Do you think it matters? Should I switch to Stamp 4 before the application?

Cheers,

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:29 pm

No, it doesn't matter.
Do you know it takes 2 years nowadays to get Stamp 4 after you apply for it?

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Tuner wrote:No, it doesn't matter.
Do you know it takes 2 years nowadays to get Stamp 4 after you apply for it?
Applications for stamp 4 (Long Term Residency) takes approx. 6 months to process, it is not like before.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Sorry, lagging behind. On average it is less than 1 year now.

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:10 pm

[quote="nanette"]
still waiting,

if you don't qualify then INIS won't send your file to the minister. It is sent there as INIS recommends the minister to grant you citizenship. And so you should be fine.

Nanette

NANETTE and 9ijerian you guys rocks..

nd2011

Latest Update

Post by nd2011 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Everything is changing in Ireland almost everyday. I applied for Irish national passport it took almost 3 weeks to come through instead of the standard 2 weeks as predicted by the people before me and as stated on the application procedure. The reason for the delay was because the passport office/foreign affairs department needed to verify my birth cert and other documents from my original home country ...new development!

Alot of people got their approval this month. I know atleast 8 friends who got theirs last week ...the slow train seems to be flying ...what a positive development from INIS? Anyway more grease to their elbow and goodluck to all those waiting.

PaddyBoy, to the best of my knowledge, it does not matter what stamp you hold or have as long as you`ve been living in the country for atleast 5 years prior to your citizenship application.

PaddyBoy wrote:Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if applying to citizenship with Stamp 4 would make a difference. I am making my application based on a 5 years work permit on Stamp 1 but I have a right to have Samp 4 now.

Cheers,

PaddyBoy
Newly Registered

Re: Latest Update

Post by PaddyBoy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Thank you very much for you answers, very much appreciated here!

nd2011 wrote:Hi Guys,

Everything is changing in Ireland almost everyday. I applied for Irish national passport it took almost 3 weeks to come through instead of the standard 2 weeks as predicted by the people before me and as stated on the application procedure. The reason for the delay was because the passport office/foreign affairs department needed to verify my birth cert and other documents from my original home country ...new development!

Alot of people got their approval this month. I know atleast 8 friends who got theirs last week ...the slow train seems to be flying ...what a positive development from INIS? Anyway more grease to their elbow and goodluck to all those waiting.

PaddyBoy, to the best of my knowledge, it does not matter what stamp you hold or have as long as you`ve been living in the country for atleast 5 years prior to your citizenship application.

PaddyBoy wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers,