ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT TO WRITE IN A LETTER SPONSORING SOMEONE TO VISIT UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel5128
Newly Registered

WHAT TO WRITE IN A LETTER SPONSORING SOMEONE TO VISIT UK

Post by Angel5128 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:28 pm

I want to sponsor my friend from india.What do I have to write in the letter?my bank statements are healthy,my job is part time on weekend only. if my friend lives in my house what doI have to state?will i need my parents to write a letter also?
thanks for all advice.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 am

Sample Letter
January 27th, 2010

David Smith
191 Masons Avenue,
London HA3 5AH
United Kingdom
+44 020 8876 1234

To Whom It May Concern:

Application for visit visa: Dorcas Odu; May 13 1980; Passprt No: AO345678

I am writing to confirm I wish to invite Dorcas Odu to visit me in the UK for 3 weeks in order to have a short holiday. I hope she will be able to come on 20th of June 2010.

I am a British Citizen and Electrical Engineer Working at DemsTech in London. I will be on vacation at that time.

I am able to accommodate her for the duration of her stay in the UK. Please find attached evidence of my accommodation.

I have enclosed the following documents:
• Copy of passport
• Tenancy agreement

Should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Your faithfully

David Smith

Do not forget to send a scanned copy of your passport. You do not have to notarise the letter