ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:20 pm

AliGG wrote:it is the foreign passport que, they will stamp her passport and only scan your passport as the same way as UK/EU passport que.

Looks like u r thinking ahead and planning which line to que... I really hope you and we all get the good news on Monday. If my wife gets her visa she will be coming alone to london and I'll go and pick her up. Her English is not that good, hope they don't ask her much questions. I will make she hands in her TB certificate, English certificate, ticket and passport to the imigration officer..... And hope they don't ask any other questions...

Good luck everyone for Monday....
Thanks for the confirmation on the queue bit :)

Yeah I know it sounds like I am planning ahead but it was one of those things that was running in my mind, curiosity if you will. No harm in ending curiosity and at the same time having answers for the future :P

I WISH sooooooooooo much I had the option to have my wife come alone but I don't lol, she is not confident and as it is her first time travelling I don't wanna take any risks. Besides it'll be a good opportunity for me to go see family members too.

Hope the following helps Ali, but I been gathering questions which applicants have been asked at the airport.

Questions asked upon arrival to the UK
The reason wife is coming to the UK
Husband's name, Date of Birth and Job Title
How long have you been married/When did you get married (date)?
Address in the UK
Is this your first time in the UK?
Is your Husband waiting outside for you?

So just go through the above questions with your wife so that she is prepared to answer such questions on arrival.

INSHALLAH May Allah bless us all with good news on Monday. I will wait for everyone to unleash their news and then if I have any news I will reveal mine. It'll be helluva bahara of news on that day :P.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Thank you very much Shadow86 bhai, that will help a lot. I will try to go through it when we all get the good news on Monday.
XX

samns
Newly Registered

Post by samns » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 am

Sorry I know this question has been asked before but once visa has been granted you should come to england within 3 months? My inlaws are saying 28days.

Good luck to all those hearing news on Monday, InshaAllah all visas will be granted.

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 pm

[quote="samns"]Sorry I know this question has been asked before but once visa has been granted you should come to england within 3 months? My inlaws are saying 28days.

Yes I would like to know the same answer as samns please???
Also I havn't had a reply about my previous Q about logging into the tracking system PLEASE can someone help?????

Soo NICE to read everyone is receiving news to go and collect their applications :D This must have been the LONGEST Weekend of your lives.

Inshallah the result is well worth the wait, GOOD LUCK my prayers are with you all. Inshallah us MAY applicants get a quick response too.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 pm

samns and 5KHAN5, I will copy and paste what I wrote to ali sher in response to your 28 day query.
Visa now is issued for 27 months and you may check this with your wife who will have expiry date (I think) written in it. It used to be 24 months but they provided 3 months extra now. So 24 months is to fulfill your 2 year probationary period so that you can apply for ILR and the remaining 3 months is for you to have the opportunity to spend some more time in Pak with family before moving away to settle in the UK.

Bottom line is she can come anytime within the next 3 months. The need to arrive within 28 days has been gone for quite a while now, maybe since the last 6 months or so.
I removed a few bits just to make it shorter. Forget the 28 day rule now, it's non applicable and you may check your spouse's visa to ensure it is indeed 27 months validity as opposed to 24 months (2 years).

As for your logging in issue 5KHAN5, you need not to worry about it too much yet. Let it be for about a week or so and if it continues then email customer support of the tracking system and let them know that it isn't working for you.

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Shadow86 wrote:samns and 5KHAN5, I will copy and paste what I wrote to ali sher in response to your 28 day query.
Visa now is issued for 27 months and you may check this with your wife who will have expiry date (I think) written in it. It used to be 24 months but they provided 3 months extra now. So 24 months is to fulfill your 2 year probationary period so that you can apply for ILR and the remaining 3 months is for you to have the opportunity to spend some more time in Pak with family before moving away to settle in the UK.

Bottom line is she can come anytime within the next 3 months. The need to arrive within 28 days has been gone for quite a while now, maybe since the last 6 months or so.
I removed a few bits just to make it shorter. Forget the 28 day rule now, it's non applicable and you may check your spouse's visa to ensure it is indeed 27 months validity as opposed to 24 months (2 years).

As for your logging in issue 5KHAN5, you need not to worry about it too much yet. Let it be for about a week or so and if it continues then email customer support of the tracking system and let them know that it isn't working for you.
Asa!
Just a quick question....do we need to make an appointment with Gerry's for the 2pm-3pm collection?...eeek I havent made one and they are closed on Sunday's!

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
Questions asked upon arrival to the UK
The reason wife is coming to the UK
Husband's name, Date of Birth and Job Title
How long have you been married/When did you get married (date)?
Address in the UK
Is this your first time in the UK?
Is your Husband waiting outside for you?
Also likely to ask:
-When did you first meet
- was the marriage arranged or love
- what was your relationship before marriage
- How long do you intent to stay in the UK (FOREVER, instead of saying that (as many would expect lol) my wife said 'as long as my husband stays here')

However, I have read on this forum some people are briefly questioned so the above may not apply to all.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:38 pm

^^ Thanks, added those questions to my list :P. Nice response your wife gave to the last question.

MojoJojo, my wife didn't make appointment when collecting her passport so you might as well just go without making appointment, take your ID card with you and your receipt.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 pm

good luck to al of thoes who r waiting..inshallah i hope u r ALL granted ur visa!!!...make loads of duas for each other!...

shadow!!!..seriously my heart goes out to u..i wish u get a reply sooon..i hope ur decision gets overturned!....

plz if u cn, then remember me in ur duas aswell...wil appreciate it alot!!

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm

XnailaX wrote:good luck to al of thoes who r waiting..inshallah i hope u r ALL granted ur visa!!!...make loads of duas for each other!...

shadow!!!..seriously my heart goes out to u..i wish u get a reply sooon..i hope ur decision gets overturned!....

yes my special prayers for all of you i will read namaze hajaat n make dua inshaAllah

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:55 pm

my wife did not make any appointment to collect her passport. She lives in abbottabad so she gave power of attorney to my younger brother who lives in islamabad just to avoid 4 hours drive going to islamabad and comming back.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:40 pm

XnailaX wrote:good luck to al of thoes who r waiting..inshallah i hope u r ALL granted ur visa!!!...make loads of duas for each other!...

Thanks Naila and I appreciate that so much. Inshallah will keep you in my dua's too :)

Tomorrow I will lay low for a bit and let everyone provide their results first. So letting the bahara of results take place first :D.

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:59 pm

what this bahara thingie is shadwo bhai are you trying to say baharaaN:D

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 pm

ali sher wrote:what this bahara thingie is shadwo bhai are you trying to say baharaaN:D
I wish there was a "like" button here as on facebook:D
I was meaning to ask the same:)

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 am

Good Luck 2 all waiting 4 results this week. I pray u are all granted visa's + the appeals are overturned. But do remember ALLAH does what is best for us.

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 am

we all have to wait till 10 o clock for the 'result baharaa' :)

ss27

Post by ss27 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:14 am

ali sher wrote:we all have to wait till 10 o clock for the 'result baharaa' :)
Salam

Good Luck Every Body

Ali Hows ur heart beat mine is uncontrable,

Inshallah We all have good news today

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Shadow86

Would you amend the spreadsheet - I had a call from the BHC at 6.30am this morning! to verify the application.

sehrish
Newly Registered

Post by sehrish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG i got the visa yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
m sooooooooooooooo happy ....... my heart iz doing balle balle rite now ,OH GOD thank u soo much ,,,and thank you guyz for your support nd duas :)

tunde75
Newly Registered

Post by tunde75 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 am

Please my has been invited for interview tomorrow with ECO and she was asked bring proof of living together with husband in uk. But she has few picture of both of us together with other of her picture in my house.
What else can she take along to the interview

Thanks in advance

tunde75
Newly Registered

Post by tunde75 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 am

Please my wife has been invited for interview tomorrow with ECO and she was asked to bring proof of living together with husband in uk. But she has few picture of both of us together with other of her picture in my house.
What else can she take along to the interview

Thanks in advance

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 am

congrats Sherish - I am so happy for you. I pray that I get to hear the same news soon!!!

ss27

Post by ss27 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:22 am

nazema wrote:congrats Sherish - I am so happy for you. I pray that I get to hear the same news soon!!!
congrats sehrish
here is bad news

rejected

sehrish
Newly Registered

Post by sehrish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 am

ss27 wrote:
nazema wrote:congrats Sherish - I am so happy for you. I pray that I get to hear the same news soon!!!
congrats sehrish
here is bad news

rejected
:cry: :cry:

nazema

Post by nazema » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

ss27 - sorry to hear it

what is the reason?