ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General child dependant question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jul14o
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General child dependant question

Post by jul14o » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 pm

I would really appreciate some advise if possible. I am on the Tier 1 G due for ILR March 2012. My husband is here on a dependants visa. Our son was born august 2010, as my visa was last extended in 2009 I didint apply for his dependants visa as thought I would do it when we all apply. Now realised we needed to travel out of the UK. My embassy(ukraine), does not issue pasports before 16, so my son has been entered into my passport.

Question is do i apply for his dependants visa - however he is in my passport so how that would work im not sure. How do I get entry clearance for him otherwise?
Im also not sure if I need to include him in the ILR application, as understandably hoping to keep costs down. It is very pricey, and we'll need to fork out about 2 and half grand..

I have trawled everywhere I could in the UKBA and this site to try and find answers but unfortunately still clueless.

Any tips much appreciated thanks. And just want to say what a brilliant site this is. Helped me with my initial HSMP application in 2007, and then switch to Tier 1 in 2009. Great job guys!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:32 am

Tier 1 (General) dependant leave to remain:

In the application form, under C6 select "other", and under C7 briefly explain Ukrainian law with regards to eligibility to individual passport only for people over 16, and mention that the child is included in your passport (if so). If the child is included in your passport, you may have to send your passport with the application.

Doesn't the embassy issue Travel document of a child? Or can't you apply for it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jul14o
Newly Registered

Post by jul14o » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 am

Thank you! That's very helpful. I will have to find out from the embassy the last guy was very unhelpful and not very friendly. Looks like travel will have to be put on hold!