ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET PROTECTION ROUTE (REFUGEES) ILR WAITING TIMES

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manhuwa
Newly Registered

SET PROTECTION ROUTE (REFUGEES) ILR WAITING TIMES

Post by manhuwa » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:55 pm

hi people is there anyone who applied under the SET Protection route for indefinite leave as a refugee who completed 5 years initial leave as a recognised refugee. How wlong does it take to be acknowledged and how long did it take to get indefinite leave after you applied ?

manhuwa
Newly Registered

SET PROTECTION ROUTE

Post by manhuwa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 pm

hi people can someone who has gone through this application route reply my original post please, just need to know the waiting times for similar applications

harrygursel
Newly Registered

Post by harrygursel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 am

i applied in 10 june 2011 still waiting.ho says up to 6 months.but people usually gets in 3 months.when did you apply?what your story.?

manhuwa
Newly Registered

Post by manhuwa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:17 am

i will be applying soon

Have you been acknowledged as yet ?

harrygursel
Newly Registered

Post by harrygursel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

yes i got my acknowledge letter after 20 days.

manhuwa
Newly Registered

Post by manhuwa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:25 pm

did you apply to the Liverpool Address , because some people claim they are never acknowledged , they only see their papers back after 3-4 months

fais11
Newly Registered

Waiting time.

Post by fais11 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Some of my friends got their ILRs , waiting time was around 12 weeks . No acknowledgement letter though.

manhuwa
Newly Registered

WAITING TIMES

Post by manhuwa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 am

Sent application 5th September, got acknowledgement letter 20th September, although it was dated 15th September.
got papers with stamped ILR back on 28th October. ILR stamp is dated 19th October.
So process took 7 weeks.

My advice is apply early, i applied the day my visa was left with 30 days to expire by next day first class post. Also make sure all papwerwork is in order, eg birth certificates of children born in the UK, marriage certficates, previous correspondence from UKBA, copies of all leave to remain given, all necessary documents. This will mean it very easy for them to process.
Also i got a reminder letter from them after (although after i had already applied which states that you must submit an application as your existing leave is about to expire). All people with refugee status must get this reminder letter to apply for ILR just when their leave is about to expire, but dont wait for it. Just apply on the day your visa will be left with 30 days to expire, with all documents .. The process becomes shorter than the 12 weeks reported by others or lack of acknowledgement letters etc. Remember to give UKBA all your previous Immigration Status documents, marriage certificates, passports, birth certificates , grant of asylum status letters etc. That helps in quick replies.

griffy81
Newly Registered

please help

Post by griffy81 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 am

i have submitted for ILR (set) two weeks ago. i still haven't got a confirmation letter from the home office. The issue is my job is already asking for a new visa from me and they are going to stop me from working till i at least get the reference number from the home office, or till they see an extension or new visa.

Do they have the right to terminate me before the actual limited leave to remain expires?

Really worried

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

Re: please help

Post by Jasper_X » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 am

griffy81 wrote:i have submitted for ILR (set) two weeks ago. i still haven't got a confirmation letter from the home office. The issue is my job is already asking for a new visa from me and they are going to stop me from working till i at least get the reference number from the home office, or till they see an extension or new visa.

Do they have the right to terminate me before the actual limited leave to remain expires?

Really worried

they can't.here is a quote from UKBA website :
"your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

you can print that page and show this to your employer or you can speak to a citizens advice bureau or a solicitor.

they may never send you a confirmation letter.(I applied for my ILR in March and still waiting,never received a confirmation letter).