ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea fp documents - landlord letter, marriage issue

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweetypie1

eea fp documents - landlord letter, marriage issue

Post by sweetypie1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello again,

I just want to know what excatly should my new landlord write? That he has no objection for my new husband to come and liv with me in his flaT? I got the lease already, getting keys on 13th of August. My landlord put my fiance name already on the leade, is that ok? Do we need to provide diagram of the flat as well? its 2bedroom flat, only me and my fiance will be staying there....

Also as Im going in July to marry my fiance to India, he is there since Feb 2011, Im going for 10days only, after coming back, he will apply for Visa from India, my question is, is by any chance they can refuse us because after marriage I came back to UK? We are together almost 3years, since he went back, we talking every day on the phone and skype as well. I have phone records and skype records saved, have lots of pics together from begining till now. The problem is that my parents cant come to India, we doing small ceremony only in Registrar Office with his closest family and 2 friends. His dad planing to do proper wedding in 1,2years time and in between we will go to my country to do small party for my family members. Its imposible for us to do everything in one place and invite everyone, thats why we decide to do like that. Should we provide any explanation why my family is ot there etc?

Thank you

Malwina

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: eea fp documents - landlord letter, marriage issue

Post by 86ti » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:56 pm

sweetypie1 wrote:I just want to know what excatly should my new landlord write?
You do not need a letter from the landlord.

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Really? So the lease is enough? for accommodation proof?

Any advice about the marriage issues?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm

From where did you get that you would need proof of accommodation?

A valid marriage certificate alone should be sufficient. It is possible, however, that the UKBA may insinuate a marriage of convenience esp. if there is a detrimental immigration history. If you want to be proactive you can include evidence for a previous relationship.

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Thank you for reply :-)

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... seeafamily

there is a point accomoddation details.... I heard from someone as well that we need to show the letter from the landlord.

Yaaa deffo I ll send some proof of previous relationship, we were leaving together for 1,5years as well, hopefully all will be fine. My partner been sent back to India in Feb because of the Visa problems, they told him that solicitor who done his Visa supplied fake documents and is arrested, and it was sort of bribe to get the Visa. He never was deported. They refused him Entry and send him back. On his Visa is mark CANCELLED.

Thank you so much for your help.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 am

From the beginning of that document:
It is not a list of documents that you must submit. We do not expect you to provide all of the documents listed below, it is for you to decide which documents are most relevant to your application.
From the accomodation details:
This information may also be useful in showing us that your sponsor lives in the UK.
And that's the central point in the EEA regulation, i.e. you have to show that you are truly residing in the UK. How you do that is left to you but having a (full-time) employment and maybe providing proof of address (utility bills, council tax) bills would do the job. Asking for details about accommodation is not supported by the EEA regulations.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Malwina,

What is your citizenship? Are you working?

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 am

86 i

thank you for clarify that for me....

directive

Im from Poland. Im working. The problem is that my contract says 25 hours a month, but always every month i have at least 60 hours overtime which im getting paid for.... hope that want be a problem then, will provide payslips and bank statments as well, got some savings as well. It already 4 months since my fiance is away, so I wont to give them all documents so they cant actually say no ;-)

thank you

Malwina
Last edited by sweetypie1 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 am

sorry 25hours a week not a month!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 am

sweetypie1 wrote:Im from Poland. Im working. The problem is that my contract says 25 hours a [week]
So, just to confirm: You are Polish and are working 25h/week in the UK. You have been together with your partner for about 3 years and you will marry in July in India.

All of that sounds pretty straight forward. You do not need to work more than that: even a part time job is fine, as long as you are doing real work and getting paid for it.

Why are you getting a new flat for August? Did you think you needed it for the EEA FP application for your husband to return?

I agree with 86ti, that you do not need a letter from your landlord. Just a few pay slips that show that you are working.
sweetypie1 wrote:is by any chance they can refuse us because after marriage I came back to UK?
You have been together for a long time. You have a lot of relationship history with this person, so I do not anticipate a problem. And of course you are coming back to the UK - you have work to do! (Plus India can be very hot around then, depending on where you will be!)

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC

Thank you for your reply. I have two flatmates at the moment, decided to rent a flat just me and my fiance, will be easier for everyone. Already sign the lease with my new landlord, an he has no objection for Avneesh to stay with me of course. Just in July will take lease to my fiance to sign as well. But if we dont need that its even easier then.

Got the payslips will also provide a letter from my Manager to confirm my employment with them. Just cant wait to sort everything out and have him back.

thank you again for all replies, its really helpful.

Malwina