ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Dependant visa - Type of decision

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

igenes
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Dependant visa - Type of decision

Post by igenes » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 pm

My wife applied for a Tier 1 (General) Dependant visa last month and it was refused on the grounds that She had not submitted proofs for maintenance funds for consecutive 90 days no earlier than 30 days before application date. I have indeed submitted all the relevant bank statements and all statements including the latest one (less than 30 days to the date of application) was there in the original documents returned to my wife.

I am thinking of filing an appeal against the decision and I want clarification on one question in appeal form -

Type of decision
Is Tier 1 (General) dependant visa a settlement or non-settlement decision?

How long does it normally take if appeal process is not taken to immigration judge and ECM decides to overturn the original decision?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 (General) Dependant visa - Type of decision

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:13 pm

igenes wrote:Is Tier 1 (General) dependant visa a settlement or non-settlement decision?
Non-settlement
igenes wrote:How long does it normally take if appeal process is not taken to immigration judge and ECM decides to overturn the original decision?
See APL1.1 Appeal process flowcharts
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

igenes
Newly Registered

Post by igenes » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks for your quick reply sushdmehta. It really helps.