ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Collection of paperwork for EEA3+4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andrej

Collection of paperwork for EEA3+4

Post by andrej » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 am

I know that "proof of residence" and "exercise of treaty rights" is somehow explained by the HO on forms and guides provided but I would like some advice from veterans on what are the best papers to send in with the EEA3+4 application to prevent the HO from claiming insufficient evidence or some such thing.

1. EU member: Polish I.D. card+Registration Certificate (dated 16 August 2006)(which means the EU member will be here 6 years in August 2011)
1.1 Non-EU: Valid passport+expired passport (with valid 5 year residence stamp - Expiring 14 August 2011)

1.2 Since the EU-member has/was on Registration Certificate (blue card) since Aug 2006 do we need to provide WRS, work or proof of residence prior to recieving RC blue card, since beside original WRS card I don't think we can provide pay slips or p60s prior to June 2006 (lost).

2. UK certificate of marriage dated July 2006

3. EU member: Proof of employment - What is the best thing to send?
3.1 Complete set of pay slips dating June 2006 - July/August 2011
or
3.2 P60s for 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-2010, 2010-11 (and payslips for 2006-2007 - can not find p60 for that year.)
or
3.3 Combination of both with available P45s, old and current Work Contracts...
or
3.4 ALL OF THE ABOVE

4. Proof of residence and living together:
4.1 Bank statements:complete from July 2006 - current (or maybe just for everey few months)
or
4.2 Old and current rent contracts (current one is a copy)
or
4.3 Council tax (every 6 months - EU name only from 2008 as non-EU was student), Gas bills (every 3 months - non-EU name only), BT, Virgin media, Southern Water, Electricity...
or
4.3 ALL OF THE ABOVE

I understand that "ALL OF THE ABOVE" is the safest option but it means about 5kg of paper work and would like some advice from members with experience as to what are the best papers to include without sending mountains of stuff.

Looking to apply in mid July 2011 (I know that I could apply now) but want one last holiday in early July before they take our stuff away...

Thanks folks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

I think some of your questions can be answered simply logically. All available P60s and payslips for the missing part or maybe it is possible to have a new one issued(?) or you can get HMRC to confirm you having paid tax for that period (I think somebody here mentioned that would be possible). Maybe employment letters though I am not sure what additional information that would give. If you have been in full-time employment you most likely also have been resident. A single document for a given period should suffice. I am not sure why you think that you have to prove 'living together'.

andrej

Post by andrej » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 am

86ti wrote:I think some of your questions can be answered simply logically. All available P60s and payslips for the missing part or maybe it is possible to have a new one issued(?)
P60s are okay and not bulky + payslips for period not covered by p60s. Ok, thanks.
86ti wrote:If you have been in full-time employment you most likely also have been resident. A single document for a given period should suffice. I am not sure why you think that you have to prove 'living together'.
EU member is/was in full time employment (p60s+pay slips) but don't you also need to provide proof of residence for the 5 years for EEA3 and continual residence for NON-EU member for EEA4? That is why I am asking about bank statements, council tax or bills - I guess it helps if they are on the same address for both people.
86ti wrote:A single document for a given period should suffice
What do you mean "single document"?

Thanks

os_sbs
Newly Registered

Post by os_sbs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Andrej

i would suggest you to include any proof that your EEA partner has registered for WRS in the first place (registration certificate). I might not sound sensible as your wife obtained blue card later but my solicitors insisted on including the initial WRS registration to avoid any delays with the application

best of luck

andrej

Post by andrej » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

os_sbs wrote:Andrej

i would suggest you to include any proof that your EEA partner has registered for WRS in the first place (registration certificate). I might not sound sensible as your wife obtained blue card later but my solicitors insisted on including the initial WRS registration to avoid any delays with the application

best of luck
Thanks os_sbs, I also had an initial consultation with a solicitor but am deciding to go at it myself (!£600!). He also recommended, more like stressed the WRS card inclusion even though my partner has the blue card. He also proposed ALL the payslips, ALL the contracts, ALL the bank statements, ALL of EVERYTHING. I just thought he might be going over the top when I see that some folks on this server applied with much less and were fine. :shock: But then I noticed that he had to go and ask his "more experienced" colleagues ,came back and said that the "blue card" was supposed to be the proof of first 12 months.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Collection of paperwork for EEA3+4

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 pm

andrej wrote:I understand that "ALL OF THE ABOVE" is the safest option but it means about 5kg of paper work and would like some advice from members with experience as to what are the best papers to include without sending mountains of stuff.
Unless you are trying to crush and maim the UKBA case worker with paper, i do not see the point of including everything. But if you do, you should also include all your supermarket receipts from the time you arrived in the UK, and a photocopy for their records! :-)

Also, just send your current passport. There is no need to send older passports - it can only get lost and they are not needed.

UKBA has a computer record of all of your and your spouses previously issued Residence Cards / Visas / Registration Certificates / Blue Cards / etc...

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 am

To give you an idea of the amount of paperwork that can be sufficient: the EEA4 application of my wife was 181 grams (as weighed at the postoffice to calculate the postage). We sent it in early October and we received her Permanent Residence Card end of January.

andrej

Post by andrej » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 am

fysicus wrote:To give you an idea of the amount of paperwork that can be sufficient: the EEA4 application of my wife was 181 grams (as weighed at the postoffice to calculate the postage). We sent it in early October and we received her Permanent Residence Card end of January.
181g - wow, can you say roughly in more detail what you included... please.

andrej

Post by andrej » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Unless you are trying to crush and maim the UKBA case worker with paper, i do not see the point of including everything. But if you do, you should also include all your supermarket receipts from the time you arrived in the UK, and a photocopy for their records! :-)

Also, just send your current passport. There is no need to send older passports - it can only get lost and they are not needed.

UKBA has a computer record of all of your and your spouses previously issued Residence Cards / Visas / Registration Certificates / Blue Cards / etc...
LOL... I can just imagine the poor clerk's face when having to start the dig into the mountain of paper.

My biggest fear is of something getting lost. So there would be no need to send the old passport - but would they need to see UK enter stamps, blue card and all that. I don't really think they are so sophisticated with everything on the database... if they were they would be pushing these applications out in a week, not 6 moths.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 am

andrej wrote: UK enter stamps
11.(3).

andrej

Post by andrej » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 am

86ti wrote:
andrej wrote: UK enter stamps
11.(3).
Thanks 86ti, but this just shows how much they know of their own law because they've been stamping my passport for the last 5 years even though my EEA familiy member permit is in it... maybe next time I travel I should take with me the printout of the EEA regulations and show it to the passport control?! This is why I am not confident in HO ability to know their stuff as they should and would not risk it by not sending in some documents.

thanks again

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:53 pm

What it means in your current situation is that the Liverpool team cannot possible know if in other situations the passport was not stamped, i.e. sending in the old passport for that purpose is simply meaningless.

You are overly anxious over a trivial matter.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm

andrej wrote:
fysicus wrote:To give you an idea of the amount of paperwork that can be sufficient: the EEA4 application of my wife was 181 grams (as weighed at the postoffice to calculate the postage). We sent it in early October and we received her Permanent Residence Card end of January.
181g - wow, can you say roughly in more detail what you included... please.
The list as I put it in the cover letter:

1. Application form EEA4 (with two photographs)
2. Passport applicant (country serial number)
3. ID-card of EEA-national (serial number)
4. marriage certificate (city 2005)
5. letter by employer of EEA-national
6. IRIS registration certificate (serial number)
7. copy of EEA family permit with arrival stamp
8. copies of relevant letters from UK government agencies
9. copies of bank statements
10. letters from professional bodies (xxx, yyy)
11. letters from gas/electricity provider
12. letter from xyz bank

Items 6-12 were mainly to show continuous residence during five years, and there is probably still some redundancy here.They were chosen such that no problems would occur in the event they would get lost by UKBA.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 pm

andrej wrote:they've been stamping my passport for the last 5 years even though my [Residence Card] is in it...
Ask them politely to not stamp the passport. You can point out that it is against the law for them to stamp it. If they insist, politely ask them to call over their supervisor.