ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after making appeal .... i have heard from BHC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MM
Newly Registered

after making appeal .... i have heard from BHC

Post by MM » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:09 am

My wife's application for settleemnt visa was refused in May 06, for not filing my divorce certificate from previous marriage. Filed the appeal with AIT on 1 Jun 06, enclosing the missing document. AIT gave BHC until Oct 06 to reply. After filing appeal I exchanged a few emails with BHC Islamabad. Today i have received an email from BHC which says

'Thank you for your e-mail. The applicant will hear from our Casework section. She should comply with the advise shortly being sent to her'

What does that mean? is it good news? what is likely to be the advice? Please respond urgently if you have been through similar experience with BHC Islamabad or elsewhere?

Many thanks

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 pm

I think it's good news, usually they contact the applicant asking them to bring their passport so that the visa can be put in it.

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:06 am

anyone nows how long it takes for the formal letter to arrive? and how many days after that to get the visa stamped. thanks in advance

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:18 am

I think it depends on the workload at the BHC, but as a rough guide I know someone else who had a refusal overturned from Islamabad and it took them around 6 weeks to get their passport back with the visa in it.

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:44 am

Brit Chick. how long ago was that?

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:11 am

Sometime in november 2005 I think.