ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Required for Tier-1 Dependent Document

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sainath_seelam
Newly Registered

Help Required for Tier-1 Dependent Document

Post by sainath_seelam » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Dear Friends,

I got married this week and have visited the VFS office in hyderabad to submit the Visa application for my wife. Unfortunately, the VFS guys have come up with a new set of documents (not present on the UKBA website). I just wanted to understand the risk in submitting the visa without these documents:
1) Accomodation Proof: I have been working in UK on Tier-1 for 1 year now. But i have been staying at my sister's place. So, i really do not have any accomodation proof other than my bank statements. Will it be OK if i book a hotel for 10 days and tell UKBA that i will find a new house in that duration?
2) Invitation Letter: This is a fault from my side. I plan to include this. But is there a specific format for this or can it be prepared on our own?
3) Employment letter: I work as a contractor with my own limited company. So, my contract has ended last week. But, i got an offer (in email) to start a new role from july 4th. Would it help if i include the email?
4) Pay Slips: I take a minimal salary and dividends from my limited company. Would it be OK, if i get a letter from my accountant stating the salary and the dividends taken?

When i went through the UKBA website, they have not talked about any of the above docs but the VFS guys are insisting for the same. Is it a huge risk if i submit my wife's application without the above docs?

Any help/information on the above would be highly appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

Sai.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:37 pm

though it isn't a requirement for you to provide evidence for living place but if you can get one from your sister then why not.

invitation letter --- just make up a cover letter explaining your relationship with your wife + about all the docs that should do.

include some docs off your registered company for work but you shouldn't have to.

why not stress to them to include what you have instead of what they want. they are just a courier service to send docs to HO.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:54 am

Hello Sainath
There have been applicants on this forum who have gone ahead with their application without a tenancy agreement even after being cautioned by VFS staff and still got the Visa. However I believe they were quite confident with the other documents they were providing . I will try and find the link for that post and paste it here, so that you can decide for yourself whats necessary.
My wife applied recently through VFS Mumbai(north) as Tier 1(G) dependent and got her Visa in 12 days and I did provide a tenancy agreement. Though when I checked with my landlord he said he did not receive any inquiries from anyone about my stay.
Also in your cover letter try and explain(elaborate) about all the supporting documents you are providing.
Congratulations on your marriage, and good luck. I will try and find that post
PS: If you search this forum, you will also find someone who has posted a format of an explanation letter, but again this was only how that applicant wished to submit and it is not a standard format followed.

snehasingh1983
Newly Registered

Post by snehasingh1983 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 am

Hello Friends,

My husband is on Tier 1 and i will be soon applying for Tier 1 Dependant Visa.

I have gone through the document list shared on this forum.
Requirement of NOC has been mentioned over many conversation.
I wanted to know if anyone has got their Tier 1 Dependant Visa without NOC submission.
Also it will be great if anyone can confirm if NOC is mandatory or not.
The issue is that the landlord of the house where my husband stays is not willing to give NOC.

Also is it mandatory for my husband to show maintenance fund in original format or is scanned copy ok?

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Sneha

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 pm

hello sneha,
NOC isn't mandatory as per guidelines. I would submit original bank docs.

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi,
I recently got dependant visa for my wife(june 9th) without a mention of tenancy/accomodation agreement in my application.

So,
-Marriage proof
-Maintaince proof

are very imp. since most of rejections happen b'cos of that.

-Employee reference letter will always strengthen the application.

rgds,
sharbt_hvr

snehasingh1983
Newly Registered

Post by snehasingh1983 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks so much for quick response.

Can you please confirm what is employee reference letter?

Is it ok if i submit my husbands offer letter copy and employment proof certificate ?

Also please confirm if xerox copies of documents are ok or should i take colored prints of the scanned documents?

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:20 pm

employee reference letter will be given by HR mgr about start of employment,designation, salary etc..

it has to be original and optional .I am just quoting my experience since caseworker will be convinced that main applicant is in highly skilled job..

rgd,
sharbt_hvr

Murali123
Newly Registered

Post by Murali123 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:39 pm

When I applied for Tier 1 General Dependant visa on March'2010 from Bangalore, we have submitted the below docuemnts:

1. Covering letter, Sponsor ship letter from me
2. Employment proof letter from my company
3. My Passport and Visa copy
4. Tenanancy agreement
5. Council tax bill or Uitlity Bill(Gas/electricity)
6. Last 3 months bank statments and payslips with attestation
7. Bank letter for confirming the minimum funds for last 90 days
8. Bank passbook of my family
9. Marriage ceritificate, marriage photos

I would suggest to submit these docuemnts to strengthen your dependant application. If you are staying in UK with your relatives or friends, you can submit the tenancy agreement letter, council tax bill, Passoport and Visa copy of the person whom you are sharing the accomodation and submit the sponsoship letter from that person stating he/she will be providing the initiaal accomodation for you and your wife.

snehasingh1983
Newly Registered

Post by snehasingh1983 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:04 am

Thx so much guys. For your quick and helpful feedback.

Following is the list of documents which i plan to submit.

1. My Passport
2. Print out of scanned 6 month's Pay slip which has been seal and signature company HR of my husband.
3. Print out of scanned Offer Letter & Bonafied Letter which has been seal and signature company HR of my husband.
4. Print out of scanned Form P60 of my husband
5. Print out of scanned 3 months bank statement showing minimum balance as per norm i.e £533 of my husband
6. Print out of scanned NI card copy of my husband.
7. Xerox Copy of Tier 1 VISA (with immigration stamps showing entry date) of my husband
8. Xerox copy of my husbands Passport
9. Evidence of Accommodation (Rental Agreement, Council Bills)
10. Invitation/cover letter from my husband)
11. Covering Letter by Me
12. IT Return copy of my earning of last 3 years
13. My Birth certificate
14. VAF10
15. Photos as per specification
16. Marriage Certificate
17. Marriage Photo
18. Wedding invitation in English

Please let me know if i am missing anything and are xerox and print of scanned documents mentioned above ok?

Regards,
Sneha