ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easy Tiger

UK SPOUSE VISA

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 pm

hi , frst of all i would like to say hello to everyone on here as i have only resgitered my account today.

i am a british citizen who recently in march of this year got married to a indian citizen in india. my wife has been doing the IELTS course for trhe last three months and in the last 7 days taking her exams, i understand itstakes 12 days for the test results to arrive.

i have been trying to find out for a while without any luck as to what ielts band is required for a uk spuse visa. can someone tell me what is Level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference equivalent to i ielt band level.

the visa application form has already been filled out by an agent near the visa office jalandhur in march 2011. i have given my wife a file with all the supported documents needed. but some documents need to be updated as i took the file witn me to india in march and application has been made yet.

would i need to fill in another sponsorship decleration form on my behalf and do my parrents need to make a accomdation leter again as the last one was done in march.

im sorry to go on and on abit , but as im new im just trying to explain as much i can.

than you

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi there,

My husband took his IELTS and got a 4.5 Equals to B1 Score.

She needs to pass at a min of 1.5

:) hope that helps

Wish her luck from me!

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi , thank you for your reply much appreciated. If you don't mind me asking are u a British citizen and Your husbands a Indian citizen who u married in India recently.

So would the 1.5 IELTS score be the minimum overal u need for a spouse visa. Also what supporting documents did u submit !

Thanks

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Hey,

Nope my husband is currently in Egypt waiting for his spouse visa :)

A 1.5 is the minimum yes, that she must pass. She will do fine i am sure..

Being the British Citizen, I had to provide so much.

-certified copies of my passport
-6 month bank statements
-any record of savings
-last 6 month payslips
-employment contract
-tenancy agreement
-letter from my landlord
-landlord mortgage statement
-proof of communication - emails, phonecalls, instant chat logs, skype records and international calling cards
-marriage certificate (translated)
-2 testimonials from family and friends
-Photos of us together before/ ceremony and wedding party and after
-letter of confirmation (how we met) *I got this certified too*

Thats off the top of my head :roll:

think thats it.. are you using any 3rd party company to help your case?

We are using a great company :) pricy but we hope it will help :)

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes 1.5 is minumim for Spouse Visa :D

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 am

Hi , when I went to india late febuary to get married i took a file with all my supported documents. After our marriage my wife wasnt able to submit her visa application because she hadn't done the IELTS course or exam.

Like I have mentioned before she has undertaken IELTS course and completed her exams and We are just awaiting her results that are due shortly.

Can I still submit docments from my file like sponsorship declaration which was signed & stamp by a uk lawyer in late febuary and a Acomadation leter on behalf of parents signed dated in late febuary.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi , I went to see a solicitor today ask about advice about my wife uk spouse visa application. I ask him about what IELTS band level need for a spouse visa which he was IELTS band 4 which is a higher equivalent to a1 level on the uk border agency requirement. Can anyone whos wil husband or wife has applied for uk spouse visa from India tell me what Minimum band level required .

I have been around and around on this question as I have no concrete answer to this question. I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my question or give a uk border agency number !

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi , I would like to know what other English course can you do apart from IELTS to meet the a1 level of uk border agency requirement. I've heard that the a1 level at IELTS is very difficult to assess for the uk border agency. Can you tell me what ESOL course is required for a uk spouse visa application !

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:37 am

Hi everyone , I would like to let you know that my wiife received her IELTS exam results today which are as follows :

Listening 4.5
Reading 4.5
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

So I'm happy to say she achieved a overall band of 4.5 which is at B1 level. I would like to say thank you to everyone on here for the helpfull advice you have given me.

Now I just need to sort out all my supported documents which my wife has some of that I took with me to India back in febuary. Some documents need to be resent like sponsorship declaration , acommdadtion letter.

Can some just reclafiy in order what documents My wife needs and what I need to support her application.

Thank you to u all once again

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 pm

hi , i have question about the english requirements test on the ukba website. it says you must pass an approved English language test at or above the appropriate level with one of our approved test providers.

are we talking about the place where you take your english classes , or the test place where the listening , reading writting and speaking test were done. my wife achieved a IELTS 4.5 band score overall. so does that does mean the approved test is IELTS (Academic and General Training) and the approved provided is Cambridge ESOL. this is on the new list of approved test.

thank you

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:43 am

It is the exam not the place , however IELTS can only be tested at IELTS approved centres .
pennyless

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:50 am

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , I would like some help with compiling a file for my wifes uk spouse visa application. Im not 100% sure what documents I need to provide to support my wife's application and what documents my wife needs to include on her behalf.

I have read posts on here about this topic but everyone seems to have their own opinion on what documents should be included. Has anyone on here recently submitted a visa application and have rcieved a positive outcome.

Thanks !
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 pm

there is a supporting documents for spouse visa on ukba website you need to prove

certified copy of sponsers passport
marriage cert, apostilled and translated if needed
birth certificate

English language- certificate

relationship- pics including wedding and others, proof of contact if apart for 3months since marriage, letters of support, tickets of travel together, gifts, cards.

Finance- 6 months bank statements to show incoming outgoing- excel sheet to show you have 105.95 left every week after rent and council tax and loans, saving statments last 6 months

accomodation- rent agreement or mortagage letter, letter from landlord, floor plan and letters of property.

all must be originals

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:42 am

Hi, I am getting confusing advice regarding the IELTS band scored required for uk spouse visa. Like I mentioned on here before my wife received the following exam results :

Listening 4.5
Speaking 4.5
Reading 3.5
Writing 5.0

The reading results was a miss type before as my wife got a 3.5 instead of a 4.5. The overall band she got was a 4.5 but do you need individual band score of 4.0 as a solicitor has recently told me that. The uk border agency states that you need A1 level of the common european framework for your english results to be accepted. The a1 level equivalents to IELTS is a minimum 1.5. Can you tell me do u need at least 4.0 band in speaking & listening only and not reading & writing is not required.

I'm sorry to have gone on & on about this but the cost of submitting a uk spouse visa application is around £900 and if the IELTS band doesnt meet the requirement I won't get my money back.

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi, I am shortly about to prepare my file for my wife's uk spouse visa application. To be honest I have no idea where to begin , I have most of the documents I required just waitIng for the rest to arrive.

I would like to know the best way organise all supported documents startng with the application form, sponsorship undertaking form, English language test form down to all the supported documents required. Do I need to include a letter on my behalf and my wife. so can anyone advise how to prepare my file and also do I real need to pay solicitor £1000 to handle my allocation from the uk without getting any problems from
the Vfs global staff in india.

Thank you

flyguy

Easytiger

Post by flyguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:41 am

Hi

Basically your wife has done her IELTS test and scored overall 4.5 score. This will meet the requirements, as i believe the passmark for UK spouse is 2.5 - 3.0 score. This will meet the English Language requirement.

The next step would be to fill in your wifes application form fully and double check it and triple check. Then collate all your supporting documents as advised by your solicitor?? payslips, saving statements, job contract, accomodation letter from your parents if staying in the same house, etc. Then send it all to India, preferably get a courier, as if you sent it by Royal Mail Registered Post it can take about 10 days to arrive in India. Your wife then takes the form and all supporting documents to the VFS office, they quickly check the documents and charge a fee of approx R60,000 or UK sterling £800-£900 pounds. They then send this to the British High Commision office- the nearest one to the VFS office. And then the British High Commisions has 90 days to process the application and give you a outcome. If all is well your wife will be issued with a Spouse Visa, otherwise they will refuse the Visa and give you reasons and option of appeal. If you have to appeal - you must respond within 28 days. If you do not and do not have a valid reason your application will close. And you will have to re-submit along with the R60,000 Fees and start the process again.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

Forgot to add the application form is an important aspect, you mentioned your Wife in India has this form, so make sure it has accurate and complete information before submissions. Anything unclear or vague may delay and refuse your wife's Visa Entry.

Easy Tiger

IElTS General

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi, I have a question about the new English test requirement for the uk spouse visa. I know this topic has been mentioned many time by me and other people on this forum but their is so much confusion for me about this and I'm no near getting a 100% answer.

My wife has taking her IELTS general exam and achieve the following results

Listening 4.5
Speaking 4.5
Reading 3.5
Writing 5.0

Now the uk border agency website says you need to achieve a A1 level of the common European framwork which is equivalent to in IELTS terms a 3.0 band. To comply with English requirement are the indiviul band scores taken or the overall band score.

I have spoken to a couple of solicitor in the uk and in India a family member has spoken to one their. All are giving conflicting advice. Some say you need overall band 4 or above and other say u need individual band scores of 4.0.

The ukba agency has come out with new list of approved English and providers on which the English test taken by people after July 17th need to be on. On their it says under IELTS general you need B1 minimum and 4.0 band in each one. How can they say A1 level hand and then say this on the other.

Can some one please tell me the correct band requirement and if the test my wife has taken is acceptable. As you once the visa application is submitted and £900 fee paid , it is not refundtable so I really need to know if you could direct me to someone who can clear this up for me.

Thank you

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:36 pm

pennyless

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi .Thank you for reply much appreciated. I've already seen that link on the form before. There is alot of confussion surrounding the a1 level common European framework requirement and how it is equIvalent to IELTS.

The A1 level is below IELTS band 3 which but does the britsh high commission take the overall band or separate scores of 4.0 for listening ,reading,writhing,speaking. But the ukba says only speaking & listening are required and not ther other two.

I have looked at he new list of approved test approviders where IELTS general course my wife has done is mentioned and the provided is Cambridge . So does anyone know whether if they take all four at 4.0 or just listening & speaking at 4.0. I have mentioned my wife's IELTS before all are above 4.0 except reading which is at 3.5.

Is it worth my wife submitting her application after the 17th July with her IELTS scores.

I would really appreciate if anyone Could help men clear up this confussion.

Thank you

Thank

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi , can anyone On here who know or has recently submitted their uk spouse visa application , tell me if the following IELTS exams results will be acceptable :

Listening 4.5
Speaking 4.5
Reading 3.5
Writing 5.0

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi , i posted a message yesterday about confirmation whether my wifes IELTS exam results are acceptable. I know the ukba agency have issued a list of approved test and providers which comes in to effect on July 18th With the minimum grade required Being 4.0 in each module at B1 Level. But on the otherhand ukba states that you A1 level of the common European framework which is below the IELTS level 3 band. It also says you need only speaking & listening only.

I con't seem to get clarification on this question, so I would really appreciate if anyone on here clear this matter off for me or give a contact number or email address of the ukba.

Listening 4.5
Speaking 4.5
Reading 3.5
Writing 5.0

Thank you again for your help

kj29

Post by kj29 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:02 pm

skyepark wrote:there is a supporting documents for spouse visa on ukba website you need to prove

certified copy of sponsers passport
marriage cert, apostilled and translated if needed
birth certificate

English language- certificate

relationship- pics including wedding and others, proof of contact if apart for 3months since marriage, letters of support, tickets of travel together, gifts, cards.

Finance- 6 months bank statements to show incoming outgoing- excel sheet to show you have 105.95 left every week after rent and council tax and loans, saving statments last 6 months

accomodation- rent agreement or mortagage letter, letter from landlord, floor plan and letters of property.

all must be originals
hi i am a bit confused because my solictior told me i only needed latest statement page, could it be because i am director of companies and have submitted all companies account i am a bit worried now do u think i will be refused just because of not having 6 months statements

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 am

IELETS does not measure below level B1. Therefore the spouse Visa requires level A1 - so therefore if your wife has reached the levels mentioned then she has exceeded the requirements. Also i believe its a overall score and not individual scores that matters.