ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just married, what's next

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Just married, what's next

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi to all, well I just married to an eu national. I Am on student visa for 2 years and will expire on november 2011. Last week we got married. He is an eu national. (born in Macau and raised here and has a portuguese passport)
Now I don't know what will be my next step for it?
Do I need to apply for FLRM or eea2?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:37 pm

No, but you can apply for a residence card if you wish so (and in practice you probably should).

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Really? All I thought is eea2. Thank you for tha info. And do I need to take an English exam? Your response us greatly appreciated :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm

No. Please read that web page.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Just married, what's next

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:04 pm

ghirleeh_lim wrote:Hi to all, well I just married to an eu national. I Am on student visa for 2 years and will expire on november 2011. Last week we got married. He is an eu national. (born in Macau and raised here and has a portuguese passport)
Now I don't know what will be my next step for it?
Do I need to apply for FLRM or eea2?
on what basis is your husband in the UK? is he working/studying etc? How long has he lived here?

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 pm

@greenie,

My husband is working full-time as an engineer. He's been here for more the 20years now.
I am very confused what to do, Im thinking to get help to a solicitor but I know it will cost a lot of money.
So residence card is the thing that I should apply?

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:10 pm

@86ti

Thanks for the website. I will read it carefully. It's a great help :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 pm

ghirleeh_lim wrote:@greenie,

My husband is working full-time as an engineer. He's been here for more the 20years now.
I am very confused what to do, Im thinking to get help to a solicitor but I know it will cost a lot of money.
If has lived here for 20 years then he probably has permanent residence. this means you can either apply for a residence card under the EEA regulations, on form EEA2, or you can apply for on form FLR(M) as a spouse of a settled person. Might be good to seek some legal advice on your options.

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Greenie wrote:

If has lived here for 20 years then he probably has permanent residence. this means you can either apply for a residence card under the EEA regulations, on form EEA2, or you can apply for on form FLR(M) as a spouse of a settled person. Might be good to seek some legal advice on your options.
Yeah will try to. Thanks much!

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Greenie wrote:

Yeah will try to. Thanks much!

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Honeymoon ;-))))))

(answer to the subject above...)

ghirleeh_lim
Newly Registered

Post by ghirleeh_lim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Punjab wrote:Honeymoon ;-))))))