ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lasam

british citizenship

Post by lasam » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:40 pm

hello
I m new to this forum and i have a question and i will be gratful if you could give me some advise
i applied for british citizenship recently on the basics of marriage to a british but i did not submit the english translation of the marriage certificate, i just did not know that at that time
will this affect my application and what you think i should do
thank you

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Have you got your acknowledgement letter with the reference number? I would suggest you get in touch with them and try to submit the translated certificate asap. dont know if you alread have the translated certificate, if you do you wont lose anything by sending it to them

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 pm

thank you for your reply
yes i got the ack letter and the reference number .
i dont have a translated certificate, when i applied for ILR i have sent only the original without translation into english that's why it did not cross my mind that the translation might be or will be nedded
i m really stressed because of that and i dont know what to do

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

doees it take long and cost a lot to get the translation? I think they may ask for it rather than denying your application

Anyway call them and ask about them

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm

f2k wrote:doees it take long and cost a lot to get the translation? I think they may ask for it rather than denying your application

Anyway call them and ask about them
Not really. Go to any local job centre plus and ask them for a list of translator. They have plenty on their books as they have to use them regularly. Contact the agency get the translation done. They will put their stamp etc.... And send it off to the ho. Of course they will charge anywhere between 15 to 50 as far as I know it unless the prices have gone up???

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 pm

one month after the submission i called the HO, and they told me that it was not on the system yet so just dont know if that certificate will delay the process or they will contact me for it
for the cost and time i dont know how long or how much it takes to get it done

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

With original certificate at UKBA office, how will the OP get it translated ... and even if a photocopy is available with OP, will a translator certify that the translation is "an accurate translation of the original document" without actually seeing the original document?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

lasam

Post by lasam » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 pm

so sushdmehta what do you think should i do in this case plz?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am

lasam, whilst I think it would have been better if you had submitted the original marriage certificate AND a certified translation into English, I think I would say ... don't worry ... if only because you have already got two visas without providing that certified translation.

For example, if your spouse visa application was in your own country, the British Mission there would be used to seeing marriage certificates in the format used in that country, and would not have issued the spouse visa is they were not happy with that marriage certificate.
John

lasam

Post by lasam » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 pm

thanks very much john