ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave to Remain

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wiki
Newly Registered

Leave to Remain

Post by Wiki » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Hello Everyone

I need some help

3 years ago I got leave to remain in Ireland for 3 years.
Yesterday I went to Burg Quay to renew my stamp 4 they told me that I have to re-apply for leave to remain first and bring them letter from whoever will grant leave to remain again.

Question:

What is the exact procedure? I have lost, I cant find information how to do the right way, absolutely no info. Legal Aid wont help, Immigration Officer know nothing.

Anyone?
Thank you very much !

9jeirean

Re: Leave to Remain

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Wiki wrote:Hello Everyone

I need some help

3 years ago I got leave to remain in Ireland for 3 years.
Yesterday I went to Burg Quay to renew my stamp 4 they told me that I have to re-apply for leave to remain first and bring them letter from whoever will grant leave to remain again.

Question:

What is the exact procedure? I have lost, I cant find information how to do the right way, absolutely no info. Legal Aid wont help, Immigration Officer know nothing.

Anyone?
Thank you very much !
Before we can advise, it would help to know on what basis you were given the initial permission to remain in Ireland
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Wiki
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Failed asylum seeker, applied to stay in Ireland on a humanitarian ground and was granted 3 years leave to remain after 6 years waiting

total time living in Ireland is 9 years now.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Wiki wrote:Failed asylum seeker, applied to stay in Ireland on a humanitarian ground and was granted 3 years leave to remain after 6 years waiting

total time living in Ireland is 9 years now.
Have to say I know very little about leave to stay on humanitarian ground. Am sure other learned in this regards will be on shortly. In the main, are you still within your current permission or has it run out? Any criminal conviction or negative records with the Gardi?
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Wiki
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:24 pm

yes around 1 month left on the permission.

There is no any convictions or offences.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm

You have to write a letter to the Repatriation Unit, INIS, Dept Justice and Equality, 13-14 Burgh Quay, asking for your Permission to Remain to be extended. Mark the letter with your 69/ ref no and give them a copy of your PP and GNIB card, and any other supporting document to show that you have been working, studying/ or making an effort to become economically self sufficient (any positive character references would also help). You should state, if it is the case, that you have not come to the adverse attention of the Gardai since being granted Permission to Remain, and that you have otherwise obeyed the conditions of the permission granted to you. Confirm your current address and let them know of any major changes in your life (marriage, child etc) Do this asap to avoid a gap in yr stamps! :wink:

Wiki
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you!!!!

Wiki
Newly Registered

Post by Wiki » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:You have to write a letter
ImmigrationLawyer I sent you PM would you be able to replay? Thanks