ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TWES to Education visa now want a work permit is it possible

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TracyMagd
Newly Registered

TWES to Education visa now want a work permit is it possible

Post by TracyMagd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:36 pm

I'm a Canadian who arrived in 2003 - at that time no education visa was required for Canadian students. In Oct 2004 I switched to a TWES which expired Oct 2005. In Oct 2005 I was granted an education visa (now necessary) until Jan 2007. I was offered a job here in Wales but the application for a WP was denied on basis of TWES. Any hope for an appeal? Any tips on how I can switch to WP?

prashar
Newly Registered

Post by prashar » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Hi Tracy,

What I know you can convert your TWES to Work Permit till your TWES is valid. Once you have used your TWES you cannot apply for a work permit for 2 years.... I am not very sure and would appreciate a comment from a senior member as well.

Regards,
Prashar

TracyMagd
Newly Registered

TWES to Education visa now want a work permit II

Post by TracyMagd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:43 pm

When I applied for my education visa, they told me that I could use my year in univ in lieu of leaving the country. Is this true?

mayitbe
Newly Registered

Re: TWES to Education visa now want a work permit II

Post by mayitbe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:12 pm

TracyMagd wrote:When I applied for my education visa, they told me that I could use my year in univ in lieu of leaving the country. Is this true?
Hello there,

I have heard the same thing as you do. They told me that switching back to student visa can be used to replace the TWES.

I am on TWES now, anyway.

What's your status now? If you could, get in touch.

Thank you. :D