ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstaying ..just curious to know

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justdopposite

overstaying ..just curious to know

Post by justdopposite » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi all ...

If I stay for another 4 days after my visa expires....jus to receive my degree certificate, will I be able to fly to my home country without any problem? If yes, will there be any problem if I apply for PSW from my home country?

Thanks and regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:11 am

Overstaying may adversely affect any future ILR application under 10-year Long residence. It may be better to switch to PSW in-country. However, there's no right of appeal against a refusal, if the application was out of time.

Overstaying more than 28 days may generate an automatic re-entry ban.

Best of all is not overstaying.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: overstaying ..just curious to know

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:29 pm

justdopposite wrote:Hi all ...

If I stay for another 4 days after my visa expires....jus to receive my degree certificate, will I be able to fly to my home country without any problem? If yes, will there be any problem if I apply for PSW from my home country?

Thanks and regards
you don't need your degree certificate to apply for PSW as long as you have been awarded your degree. Or will you not have met the maintenance requirements before the expiry of your visa?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 am

@ vinny thanx for the insight

@ greeny ..thanx for ur reply, its not a matter of maintaining funds...im awaiting my results n I js wana go back to my country with the degree certificate...n may be apply for psw frm back home if everything goes well..my visa ends by the end of june 2011

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am

justdopposite wrote:@ vinny thanx for the insight

@ greeny ..thanx for ur reply, its not a matter of maintaining funds...im awaiting my results n I js wana go back to my country with the degree certificate...n may be apply for psw frm back home if everything goes well..my visa ends by the end of june 2011
when will you get your results?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Couple of days before my visa expires..dnt know whats gn happen if I dnt get the certificate or mark list before visa deadline