ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rentmeda

ILR Success - Solihull PEO

Post by rentmeda » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi All,

First of ALL a BIG THANKS to ALL THE MEMBERS. I attended last week for my ILR at Solihull PEO. I am currently employed and also self employed. It was a family appointment and took them along with me. I reached the PEO 40 minutes early and was given a token number on entry and went through the security after the form was checked. I was in fact called earlier to be seen by a case worker. The documents I was asked and submitted are :

1. Letter from accountant.
2. Income & Expenditure account.
3. Invoices
4. HMRC Letter and NI contributions paid
5. Letter from employers.
6. 12 months salary slips for both employers.
7. Joint Account statement for 12 months.
8. Cohabitation proof - Council tax bills from two different years and Electoral register letter.
9. LIUK pass notification letter for both of us.

I was told the score without asking for it and my wife got 1 more than me, happy that the difference was not big.

I think it was for about 20 minutes caseworker verified the wages to the bank statements. As earnings were from three sources I put different coloured sticky notes on the statements to make it easy( Advised not to use a highlighter on the forum). No P60’s asked and then went away to do one final check and came back in exactly 1-2 minutes and said everything was fine and was granting ILR. I apologised for my son as he was not happy to sit there and more over he was hungry and crying as he skipped breakfast. Was asked to pay the fees and then wait for a couple of hours. I asked if I had to show the receipt of payment was told not required as they will know if I did not pay. Thanked and left to wait (which was the longest wait) as I was sitting in there rather than go out and come back (which I should have done).

Thanks again to everyone in this forum for the support all along the way. Next stop is my son’s application for a British Passport which I will post on Monday.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Congratulations mate,

Just amazed by the fact that in "solihull" PEO you get the decision before paying...is that always the case..

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Congratulations mate,

Just amazed by the fact that in "solihull" PEO you get the decision before paying...is that always the case..
Hi Destiniation_london,

I was not sure myself, but from the previous posts on this forum confirmed the same. And my experience was no different to it.

Was seen by the case worker first and told the good news and then asked to pay the fees. I even asked if I should come back and show the receipt for the payment for which caseworker said no.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Congratulations first of all!

Quick Question :
3. Invoices
Were invoices and letter from HMRC and NI categorically asked ?
And letter from employer also for the employment and self employed one?

I am asking this question as I am self employed myself and applying to ILR very soon.

Thanks in advance.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 am

themonsoonhunter wrote:Congratulations first of all!

Quick Question :
3. Invoices
Were invoices and letter from HMRC and NI categorically asked ?
And letter from employer also for the employment and self employed one?

I am asking this question as I am self employed myself and applying to ILR very soon.

Thanks in advance.
Hi themonsoonhunter,

With regards to your question. I was asked to submit all proofs for earnings. For the self employed part the only proof will be invoice generated, money in the bank and letter from the HMRC to confirm that I am registered as self employed and NI contributions so I submitted them.

Your second question - I was asked if I had a letter from my present employer and I submitted both the letters from the employers for the full time and weekend jobs that I am doing. I did not submit anything for the self employed part.

Hope this answers you queries..

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks rentmeda. It was helpful.