ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting time eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

waiting time eea family permit

Post by fairouznacer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I am very desperate for help at the moment.

I am an EEA citizen living and working in the UK. I have a fulltime job with a permanent contract.My husband is living in Algeria and we got married there in March 2011 during my stay there. 20 March he applied for a EEA famiily permit in Algiers. They were very unprofessional they told him stuff like he needs an english test. He said no my wife is an EEA national etc etc. They had to check and they were lik oh yes you are right. More mistakes after, I dont even bother to tell it just makes me sad.

It has been nearly 3 months since the application. We have sent everything thats been asked for. We are married, we have nothing to hide and we are still waiting. Another algerian applied for an EEA Family permit 8 days after my husband got his visa in 30 days... The waiting time is already bad enough but what is worse is that WorldBridge doesnt take us serious. When I call them to ask them about the process they say it can take long because its a settlement visa. Again we had to explain them its an EAA FAMILY PERMIT. It seems that they dont know what it is. They replied by saying 'yes yes its the same'. It's not the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know they dont decide whether the application is approved or not, BUT all I want to know is whats going on and what can I do. It's not normal to waiti this long and all I want is to know what is going on so I can sleep!

Could someove please help me, Im not familiar with these things and im just very very lost and sad about this situation