ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Thank you Very Much @Shadow :)
Mine is actually the same as Muj. Im very excited getting to know that both of the April applicants gottheir visas granted. Wao!
May Allah shower his blessings over all of us left n waiting..

Good Luck to u too :)
Thnx for the help.

Application submitted: 14/04/2011 Lhr
Application forwarded: 14/04/2011
Application under process: 2/5/2011
Current status: application under process at the BHC.

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:11 pm

nazema wrote:Hi

I am one of the May sponsors and I have been contacted by BHC, but none of the other May sponsors have so does this mean the BHC are concerned about my application? or is it standard for them to contact sponsors?

Hi Nazema can I ask how many days after your application they have contacted you???

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi

My husband submitted application on 25/5/2011 and the BHC Islamabad called me on 13/06/2011. It was a guy called Hamza and he asked me:

1) My husband name & date of birth
2) My mother-in-law and my father-in-law's name
3) What is my occupation?
4) The date of our marriage
5) Where we got married
6) When we first met
7) When our relationship began
8) My postal address
9) Who I live with
10) How long I stayed in Pakistan

I had completed the VAF Form myself and so knew all the answers!

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Shadow86 wrote:March applicants have created a record for THE MOST SUCCESSFUL VISA applications ever!

ONLY 1 refusal and the rest granted.

Congrats to zaara :D

Okies 5KHAN5 and Mojo sis, Now time for Shadow bhai to lay his news/update to you all. Here it goes.

No post today from Tribunal so I did as I set out to do which is to call up the Tribunal and gave in all the necessary information and asked the operator for an update on the appeal and she said that a letter has been sent out to your wife on Friday 10th June with the decision.

I tried to be sly and ask if an appeal bundle was given or anything of the sort and she stuck to her guns and said I can't say, sponsors are limited on information that we can provide :P aah it was a nice try.

Now for the experts please guide me on what on earth is up with the bold part, above? So the Tribunal has sent a letter to the APPELLANT. The Sponsor will not receive anything. Not sure what way to take it but am hoping it means good news.

Mgsboy is right in what he has said so I am trying my utmost best to remain positive no matter what. So now no more email checking, it's only down to my wife checking her post daily. From what day this week or next week do you think she'll receive the letter? I was thinking from Thursday onwards?
Excellent! Now bhabi must give the postman good advance eidi:D when he shows up with the good news InshaAllah...just keep praying...we will too!
All the best!

serialkiller
Newly Registered

Post by serialkiller » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 am

congratulatios to everyone who got their visas.Prayers and best luck for those who are still waiting.. and @ss27 sorry to hear but dnt worry everthng will be ok dnt lose hope.
:)

i m travelling on 19 frm islamabad anyone?

amson90
Newly Registered

hi all im one of the may applicants

Post by amson90 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:06 am

salaam all,
Im new to this . i have applied for my husbands visa , the BHC in Islamabad have called me on 14/05/11. i missed thier call as i was at work. can this affect my application??? however my mum did answer the phone and told a guy names Hamza i was at work and for him to try my mobile as i would have it on me....
if anyone could help me out i would be very grateful.

Submitted application :05/05/2011 Mirpur
Application forwarded :05/05/2011
BHC contacted :14/05/2011

fz158

Post by fz158 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 am

Hi guys,

so it looks like the home office do accept their mistakes as I received an official letter from head of complaints today accepting their mistakes! but to rub salt in to the wounds, they offered me £50 consolidatory payment!

It cost me over £500 for a solicitor for my appeal and 3.5 weeks time off work to go to Pakistan and the plane ticket to go to Pakistan. I mean £50 !

My solicitor has said that this is the first time in the thousands of cases she has dealt with where a complaint has been made, that the Home Office have actually accepted their mistake!

So if you think a clear wrong has been made in your case then write instantly in full to the complaints department.

Zaki

skah786

Post by skah786 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 am

Assalamualaikum

Just checked in to see if there was any news for fellow march applicants, alhamdulillah and mashaAllah! I'm so pleased for you all!

And april applicants too wow!

May you all have beautiful lives ameen

Duas

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:47 am

Greetings from a stiflin hot kotli ak! Great news for all those concerned!

Dont worry ss27 it'll get sorted in the end, was it a official uk naric letter with degree certs and a letter from the uni confirming the subject was taught in english, that u submitted?
Just get the appeal papers in asap n they will realise their mistake asap.inshallah.

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

Rough timescale seems to be 8 weeks at the moment I think, that might mean good news for me as im in pak till 1st week of july and mine was submitted 2nd of may.pray for me guys n gals

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 pm

wassap wrote:Greetings from a stiflin hot kotli ak! Great news for all those concerned!

Dont worry ss27 it'll get sorted in the end, was it a official uk naric letter with degree certs and a letter from the uni confirming the subject was taught in english, that u submitted?
Just get the appeal papers in asap n they will realise their mistake asap.inshallah.
wassap wrote:Rough timescale seems to be 8 weeks at the moment I think, that might mean good news for me as im in pak till 1st week of july and mine was submitted 2nd of may.pray for me guys n gals
is it warm in kotli, cum 2 lahore and u will find out what heat is, lol
dere is a 3 day difference between mine and urs so we should get our result around the same time.

SORRY BOUT THE SAD NEWS SS27, INSHALLAH EVERYTHING WILL GO SMOOTHLY
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE GOT THEIR VISA'S, WHO IS GIVING THE PARTY, LOL

ss27

Post by ss27 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
wassap wrote:Greetings from a stiflin hot kotli ak! Great news for all those concerned!

wassap wrote:Rough timescale seems to be 8 weeks at the moment I think, that might mean good news for me as im in pak till 1st week of july and mine was submitted 2nd of may.pray for me guys n gals
is it warm in kotli, cum 2 lahore and u will find out what heat is, lol
dere is a 3 day difference between mine and urs so we should get our result around the same time.

SORRY BOUT THE SAD NEWS SS27, INSHALLAH EVERYTHING WILL GO SMOOTHLY
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE GOT THEIR VISA'S, WHO IS GIVING THE PARTY, LOL
I dont know what to say

any ways best wishes to all who got the visas , i am going to launch appeal now in few times, she is doing english test on saturday and i will include that certificate with that appal, just want to ask one thing

can i add that certificate with the appeal, i am also going to cleared the points which he used for objection stupid BHC they cant accept master degree but the certificte which they recmmend is so easy

the main point can i add my extra docs which i wasnt added before like english ceritificate

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:37 pm

They do or should accept the masters, the uk naric letter should state the masters is equivalent to a uk bachelors or masters degree, what does urs say?

If u read the guidlines for eng lang test is that they do accept masters.my mrs masters is equiv to a uk bachelors.prob is I never submitted the naric letter, just cert and marks sheets and a letter from both unis abt the language the subjects are taught in.so ive a feeelin mines gna b rejected too:(

UKVA4

Change of address

Post by UKVA4 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Assalam O Alikum. My present (applicants present address mentioned at visa form) is going to change as I have to change cities due to transfer at work place. What's the email adress of concerned UKBA/BHC staff so that I may inform them promptly. Hope this does not hamper my visa application status and prospects. Profound regards... Fi aman Allah

ss27

Post by ss27 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 pm

wassap wrote:They do or should accept the masters, the uk naric letter should state the masters is equivalent to a uk bachelors or masters degree, what does urs say?

If u read the guidlines for eng lang test is that they do accept masters.my mrs masters is equiv to a uk bachelors.prob is I never submitted the naric letter, just cert and marks sheets and a letter from both unis abt the language the subjects are taught in.so ive a feeelin mines gna b rejected too:(
cant say any thing bro, this is only ojection i have, she submitted attested master degree , bachelor degree + letter from naric that master in economics is eqvlant to bachelor degree

in objection notice he only mentioned three points didnt provide orignal certificates though when she went there gerrys office she had the orignal with her gerry staff said there is no neeed for orignal

secondaly he said ur bachelor degree is not eqvilant to the uk bachelor degree though if u see the guide line they mention that if you have any edductaional degree eqvilant to uk bachelor degree than there is no need for english test

if you see that test which they recomend to do its like they are teaching to 2 years baby

stuppppppid :x
BHC

Good luck bro dont take any tension

I wannnna die

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Dear SS27 may Allah swt help you in such critical stage of your life.
Last edited by UKVA4 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:32 pm

ss27 wrote:
wassap wrote:They do or should accept the masters, the uk naric letter should state the masters is equivalent to a uk bachelors or masters degree, what does urs say?

cant say any thing bro, this is only ojection i have, she submitted attested master degree , bachelor degree + letter from naric that master in economics is eqvlant to bachelor degree

in objection notice he only mentioned three points didnt provide orignal certificates though when she went there gerrys office she had the orignal with her gerry staff said there is no neeed for orignal

secondaly he said ur bachelor degree is not eqvilant to the uk bachelor degree though if u see the guide line they mention that if you have any edductaional degree eqvilant to uk bachelor degree than there is no need for english test

if you see that test which they recomend to do its like they are teaching to 2 years baby

stuppppppid :x
BHC

Good luck bro dont take any tension

I wannnna die
dont worry, everything will b fine
if i was in ur position i would make my wife do the ielts exam and also can u tell me was the bachelors degree 2 years or 4, cus i have read somewhere that they only accept 2 years, also when did they change the rules saying a masters can be accepted?????? was this when they changed some of the language courses, if so than i think ur application was submitted before so they would not accept it,

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:47 pm

My Hubby has submitted attested copies of his masters degree. Not the originals as they don't ask for the originals.

What sort of lame reason is this for refusal??? If they have doubt about the english requirement just interview the applicant.

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

have a read of set 17m guidlines, its in there about the masters and the english language guidlines.

I have the uk naric letter which complies with their requirements,worst case scenario it'll goto appeal.too late eitherway now.

Btw hows the power cuts in lahore, none at all so far here.....im amazed!

Uk naric is the official body that approves the foreign courses, thats what should be accepted, so its another eco screwup.

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Assalam o Alikum.sorry cell phone had jumbled up reply in previous reply... Dear SS27 it is certainly a hard time for you. The gerrys staff is the most uncooperative staff. I had taken many pictures but the receptionist told me that no need for all the pictures so I have submitted lesser pictures and that too in a hurry. Unfortunately no one realizes that at the end it's the applicant and spouse who are dejected and heartbroken. May your appeal process goes smoothly. Ameen. Profound regards. Fi aman Allah

okara87

Post by okara87 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey all ,
Hubby submitted his application on 15th April at LHR , have heard nothing since then.
Is that supposed to be good? The status update just says forwarded to ISB

from a very worried april applicant :(

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Meeting the requirement by having a bachelor’s degree qualification

What evidence do I need to supply about my degree?
You will need to supply the original certificate issued by the relevant institution confirming the award of the academic qualification.

What evidence is needed to show my degree was taught in English?
If an academic qualification has been taught by one of the majority English
speaking countries listed above, with the exception of Canada, we will
assume it to have been taught in English. PAKISTAN IS NOT IN THAT LIST.

If an applicant claims that they have completed an academic qualification
taught in English, they must provide the original academic qualification
certificate
(provisional academic qualification certificates are not acceptable),
showing:
• the applicant’s name;
• the title of award;
• the date of award; and
• the name of the awarding institution.

You mention Bachelors degrees but will you accept Master’s Degrees
and PhDs?
As a concession the UK Border Agency will also accept the following
qualifications as meeting the English language requirement for spouses and
partners:-
• Any masters degree or PhD obtained in the UK
• Any masters degree or PhD obtained in one of the specified majority
speaking countries; Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Belize, Dominica,
Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis,
St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK
and the USA
or
• Any Master’s degree or PhD, not obtained in the UK or specified
majority English speaking country above, which UK NARIC have
assessed and verified as being taught or research in English and
confirmation from UK NARIC has been submitted with the application.
The Immigration Rules will be amended at the next available opportunity to bring this concession within the Immigration Rules. Until then applicants who submit evidence of acceptable Masters or PhDs will be treated as having met the English language requirement pending the Rules change. In such cases any leave granted will be under the Immigration Rules.
We can only accept Master’s degrees or PhDs recognised by UK NARIC.
If your Masters degree or PhD is recognised by UK NARIC please submit
evidence of your qualification as indicated above.
If you cannot find your Masters degree or PhD on the points-based calculator, you may still be able to use it to meet the English requirement. In these circumstances you should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. You can find a link to the UK NARIC website below. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible. It may charge a fee for confirming qualifications. http://www.naric.org.uk/
You can then supply this statement of compatibility from UK NARIC with your application. However if UK NARIC cannot confirm the equivalence of your qualification you will not be able to use it to meet the new English language requirement.
I THINK THAT UK NARIC LETTER IS A MUST AND ALSO ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES
ALSO THIS DOCUMENT THAT I HAVE OBTAINED THE INFORMATION FROM STATES THE 17TH JULY THE NEW LIST OF TEST PROVIDERS WILL COME INTO FORCE. WHEN DID THEY START TO ACCEPT MASTERS BECAUSE I CAN REMEMBER ON THE OLD PDF DOCUMENT THAT THEY HAD ON THE UKBA WEBSITE THEY SAID THAT THEY DID NOT ACCEPT MASTERS OR PHD'S.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:03 pm

wassap wrote:have a read of set 17m guidlines, its in there about the masters and the english language guidlines.

I have the uk naric letter which complies with their requirements,worst case scenario it'll goto appeal.too late eitherway now.

Btw hows the power cuts in lahore, none at all so far here.....im amazed!

Uk naric is the official body that approves the foreign courses, thats what should be accepted, so its another eco screwup.
2 MANY POWER CUTS IN LAHORE, U MUST BE JOKING THAT DERE IS NO POWER CUTS IN KOTLI. THE ONLY WAY THAT WILL BE POSSIBLE IS IF U HAVE NO ELECTRICITY AT ALL, LOL

wassap

Post by wassap » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Election fever in ak at the moment so the power is really good, prob goes once twice in 24 hours, n not for v long.after the elctions finished it will go back to the old ways!

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Okk I am very confused now. So does it mean if you don't supply Original Degree Certificates and this "UK NARIC letter", application will be refused???

Is there No way of sending them additional information after the application has been sent.
Please Someone advise??

Those applicants who have been granted VISA did your Spouses do the english test or did you supply degrees???