ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: Latest Update

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm

nd2011 wrote:Hi Guys,

Everything is changing in Ireland almost everyday. I applied for Irish national passport it took almost 3 weeks to come through instead of the standard 2 weeks as predicted by the people before me and as stated on the application procedure. The reason for the delay was because the passport office/foreign affairs department needed to verify my birth cert and other documents from my original home country ...new development!

Alot of people got their approval this month. I know atleast 8 friends who got theirs last week ...the slow train seems to be flying ...what a positive development from INIS? Anyway more grease to their elbow and goodluck to all those waiting.

PaddyBoy, to the best of my knowledge, it does not matter what stamp you hold or have as long as you`ve been living in the country for atleast 5 years prior to your citizenship application
So nd,
what they have been asked to do?
to take an oath or there will be a new arrangements like what we heared as they will be invited to citizenship cermony and take the oath as a group infront of invited judge?
peace on you

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:

Everything is changing in Ireland almost everyday. I applied for Irish national passport it took almost 3 weeks to come through instead of the standard 2 weeks as predicted by the people before me and as stated on the application procedure. The reason for the delay was because the passport office/foreign affairs department needed to verify my birth cert and other documents from my original home country ...new development!

Alot of people got their approval this month. I know atleast 8 friends who got theirs last week ...the slow train seems to be flying ...what a positive development from INIS? Anyway more grease to their elbow and goodluck to all those waiting.

PaddyBoy, to the best of my knowledge, it does not matter what stamp you hold or have as long as you`ve been living in the country for atleast 5 years prior to your citizenship application
So nd,
to take an oath or there will be a new arrangements like what we heared as they will be invited to citizenship cermony and take the oath as a group infront of invited judge?
IRISH PHAROE, sorry, i did not understand your question. You may wish to explain to me what you meant to ask. Thank you.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 am

nd2011 wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:

So nd,
IRISH PHAROE, sorry, i did not understand your question. You may wish to explain to me what you meant to ask. Thank you.
Hi nd,
just someone here in the forum posted earlier that they (INIS) changed the way of taking the oath and getting the certificate, as they (INIS) inviting (after paying the fees) some of approved applicants to a certain cermony to take the oath as a group not Individually and give them the certificate at the same time
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:24 am

PaddyBoy, to the best of my knowledge, it does not matter what stamp you hold or have as long as you`ve been living in the country for atleast 5 years prior to your citizenship application.

PaddyBoy wrote:Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if applying to citizenship with Stamp 4 would make a difference. I am making my application based on a 5 years work permit on Stamp 1 but I have a right to have Samp 4 now.

Do you think it matters? Should I switch to Stamp 4 before the application?

Cheers,
This is good to hear. Thanks for the info.

Just wondering if you knew the timeframes for your friends. When did they apply and when was the files sent to the minister.

Cheers,
Ace

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am

Has the postman passed today with the yellow document?

Nanette

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:09 am

nanette wrote:Has the postman passed today with the yellow document?

Nanette
He did, but brought my credit card statement :-(

I never adored postman so much in my life ;-)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 am

Aceform, no one like bills...I hate those papers...

an bho dhearg.
Nanette

Aceform wrote:

Nanette
He did, but brought my credit card statement :-(

I never adored postman so much in my life ;-)

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
nd2011 wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:

So nd,
Hi nd,
just someone here in the forum posted earlier that they (INIS) changed the way of taking the oath and getting the certificate, as they (INIS) inviting (after paying the fees) some of approved applicants to a certain cermony to take the oath as a group not Individually and give them the certificate at the same time
IRISH PHAROE: Well, i took my oath individually around March ending this year and it took approximately 8 weeks to get the naturalisation certificate. So, if the new procedure like u said (which am not aware of) involves group oath taking and cert. issuance immediately then thats even faster because you`ll no longer have to wait for 8 weeks for the Cert. after the oath taking.

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Quick update:

A friend got his yellow form last Wednesday... he waited 15 MONTHS!! That's it! Just 15 months!! I'm baffled! There seem to be no cohesive indication of how things are processed at INIS.

I just don't get it. Doesn't matter at this stage I guess.

I complete 27 months of waiting tomorrow.

Class of March 2009.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Sinolate wrote:Quick update:

A friend got his yellow form last Wednesday... he waited 15 MONTHS!! That's it! Just 15 months!! I'm baffled! There seem to be no cohesive indication of how things are processed at INIS.

Class of March 2009.
Jeez, can't believe this. I've almost completed 33 months, and still waiting.....

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Aceform wrote:

Class of March 2009.
Jeez, can't believe this. I've almost completed 33 months, and still waiting.....

Hi Aceform
how long your file is at ministers office now, y its taking so long, did they tell u the exact date of file gone to minister

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:13 pm

still waiting wrote:
Aceform wrote:

Class of March 2009.

Hi Aceform
how long your file is at ministers office now, y its taking so long, did they tell u the exact date of file gone to minister
They said it was sent on 24th March. But don't know why it's taking so long :-(

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Aceform wrote:
still waiting wrote:
Aceform wrote:

Class of March 2009.

Hi Aceform
its really strange,
for some questions there is no answer from INIS as they dont tell me wat date is my file gone to minister cant believe if it is at ministers office or where
anyway hope for the best may b u get ur yellow form 2morrow never know

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

still waiting wrote:
Aceform wrote:
still waiting wrote:
Aceform wrote:

Hi Aceform
its really strange,
for some questions there is no answer from INIS as they dont tell me wat date is my file gone to minister cant believe if it is at ministers office or where
anyway hope for the best may b u get ur yellow form 2morrow never know
cheers mate, wish you all the very best

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 am

Nanette
Nanette: Not that i know of...

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 am

After 25 min of waiting on the phone reached INIS today.My son's (24) application is being processed, not with the minister yet. Promissed another 2-4 months.

My son's case is a 5 years permit but not straightforward case ( arrived to Ireland on stamp 3 at age of 15, studied, changed stamps from 3 to 2a, - 2, - 1, - 4 ).

Class May 2009.

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 am

FYI! :) I also spoke to INIS, and was informed that a large number of applications submitted last quarter of 2008 came back from the minister's office.

Because of the high number of applications during that time there is apparently a huge backlog and they are working towards getting letters out as fast as possible.

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Thank you very much MidnightHawk for good news

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:28 pm

MidnightHawk wrote:FYI! :) I also spoke to INIS, and was informed that a large number of applications submitted last quarter of 2008 came back from the minister's office.

Because of the high number of applications during that time there is apparently a huge backlog and they are working towards getting letters out as fast as possible.
That's great news. many thanks for sharing the info.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 pm

I spoke to INIS last week and the lady was saying that my husband's application(applied Nov,2006) has sent to minister at the end of April and we have to wait another month for the decision. In relation to my application(applied Jul,2008) they are waiting for the garda report.

Now there is an interesting thing, one of my friend(applied Aug,2009) spoke to INIS last week and the lady said that her file has sent to the minister at the end of May and it would take 6 to 8 weeks for the decision to come and when she asked about her husband's application(applied Apr,2008) she said they are waiting for the garda report.

Now one can clearly understand that how strict they are in their chronological order and how transparent is the system.

Another thing when you ask about your spouse application's status after your they do not ask for spouse's reference # and give you both applications current status without hesitation.
PIKKA

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

39 Months, Still waiting

Post by Sohanjanvi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Guys, I am new to this place, Well guys i applied in Feb 2008, and still waiting for reply. I was given 30 months time in ref letter from INIS. In Feb 2011 i called INIS and been informed my papers are still with different departments, so in 6 months time should call back if i don't hear anything from them. I don't know what to do . Any news or information regarding this. It is almost 39 months.One of my friend got his papers after 5 years. I know at least 5 or 6 people waiting longer then me. we are all from same country. Also shall i send them my P21 for previous years myself with payslips or wait for them to ask if they ask at all.
Last edited by Sohanjanvi on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 pm

PIKKA wrote:Another thing when you ask about your spouse application's status after your they do not ask for spouse's reference # and give you both applications current status without hesitation.
That is interesting...I have a friend that asks about his wife's application when he calls them up and on EVERY occasion they will ask him to tell his wife to call them herself because they cannot divulge her information to him!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: 39 Months, Still waiting

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 am

Sohanjanvi wrote:Hi Guys, I am new to this place, Well guys i applied in Feb 2008, and still waiting for reply. I was given 30 months time in ref letter from INIS. In Feb 2011 i called INIS and been informed my papers are still with different departments, so in 6 months time should call back if i don't hear anything from them. I don't know what to do . Any news or information regarding this. It is almost 39 months.One of my friend got his papers after 5 years. I know at least 5 or 6 people waiting longer then me. we are all from same country. Also shall i send them my P21 for previous years myself with payslips or wait for them to ask if they ask at all.
Hi Sohanjanvi,

It's sad to hear that you are waiting for so long. I'd suggest you to write a letter to them requesting for an update. Also include 3 recent payslips, bank statements, utility bill, p60 and p21.

Hope they'll process your application faster.

All the best,
Ace

jangs
Newly Registered

Post by jangs » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 pm

I got my yellow form today..

TimeLine is:
Applied: Oct 2008
Additional DOC Requested:June 2010
Additional Doc Sent: June 2010
File sent to Minister: April 08, 2011
Yellow Form Received: June 15, 2011

Total No of months taken to get to this stage:32

Good luck to everyone...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

jangs wrote:I got my yellow form today..

TimeLine is:
Applied: Oct 2008
Additional DOC Requested:June 2010
Additional Doc Sent: June 2010
File sent to Minister: April 08, 2011
Yellow Form Received: June 15, 2011

Total No of months taken to get to this stage:32

Good luck to everyone...
Congratulation jangs. Am sure you are relieved now.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us