ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA fanmily permit traveling without

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aalliem
Newly Registered

EEA fanmily permit traveling without

Post by aalliem » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:05 am

hi there, I have already received EEA family permit. My wife is EEA citizen and I'm third nation citizen. Our plan is to fly there together with her son( 5 year Old) in next coupla weeks. As you can see, it will be easier for US if I were to go to UK first and arrange for residence before rest of the family moves there. If All three of us were to go there together, We will end up staying in some hotel for first few nights and rush to find place to stay for long term. My wife currently reside in US and have never worked or lived in UK. I'm aware that I cannot travel to UK without her( I will need visit visa, from Pakistan).
Is there anything that will help me get there before so i can look for some decent accommodation.

thanks for your help in advance.

Punjab
BANNED

Re: EEA fanmily permit traveling without

Post by Punjab » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:05 pm

you have to have your EEAsponsor with you or in the country for your entery clearence.

If you will lie to them and if they will check they might revoke your visa ( thats what i think)

so its better if you find your accomodation from your home and fly with your wife here.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

ta

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 pm

I agree that it is likely problematic for you to go first, especially if you are traveling on a visa-requiring passport.

Could your wife go first to the UK to find a place to live, and you follow with your child when that is settled?

Or you all go together, and live in a cheap quiet place (in the country?) while you get settled and figure out where you are going to live?