ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa queries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel5128
Newly Registered

Visitor visa queries

Post by Angel5128 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:57 pm

IF YOU VIEW THIS THEN PLEASE PUT ANY ADVICE DOWN IT ALL HELPS AT THE END OF THE DAY THANKS.

I want to sponsor my boyfriend this will fall in to the family catergory.I have been with him for nearly three years.met on holiday.
Is it ok for me to apply under this catergory?
and also will i need to show any proof we have been together for three years?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:03 pm

You boy-friend will not fall under Family Category.

I remember inviting my girlfriend (now wife) 4 yrs ago and she applied as a normal visitor.

Angel5128
Newly Registered

Post by Angel5128 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

krazydude wrote:You boy-friend will not fall under Family Category.

I remember inviting my girlfriend (now wife) 4 yrs ago and she applied as a normal visitor.
Thanks its cz the UKBA says something along the lines if you have been with your parthner for two years etc, so i was wondering

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 pm

I've got a feeling you're not talking about a visitor visa here and that you're intending to apply for a fiance or unmarried partner visa...as you mention '2 years'.
Am I right? If you're thinking of applying for an Unmarried Parner Visa you would need to have lived together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for a minimum of 2 years with documented evidence to support that. Are you both over 21?
Edit: I've now trawled through your previous posts and see that you do in fact appear to mean a visitor visa....for which you've been given what seems to be all the advice you need. It would help if you could continue in your original thread.

Angel5128
Newly Registered

Post by Angel5128 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Casa wrote:I've got a feeling you're not talking about a visitor visa here and that you're intending to apply for a fiance or unmarried partner visa...as you mention '2 years'.
Am I right? If you're thinking of applying for an Unmarried Parner Visa you would need to have lived together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' for a minimum of 2 years with documented evidence to support that. Are you both over 21?
I am talking about visitor visa.im 20 hes over 21!
they have a visa where you have to get marriedwithin that period, can I apply for that visa 5 months before i turn 21 and the get married and apply for spouse visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm

You can't do that on a visitor visa and the ECO won't grant a fiance visa enabling him to enter the UK 5 months before you reach the age of 21. He could technically marry while on a visitor visa and then return to his home country to apply for a spouse visa once you've reached the age of 21....but you run the risk of refusal if the ECO believes he applied for a visitor visa in order to marry and not to visit.
Unless he can show strong reasons for returning to India before his visitor visa expires, then an application isn't likely to succeed, especially bearing in mind that he has a fiancee in the UK....which he will have to declare in his visa application.

Angel5128
Newly Registered

Post by Angel5128 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Casa wrote:You can't do that on a visitor visa and the ECO won't grant a fiance visa 5 months before you reach the age of 21. He could technically marry while on a visitor visa and then return to his home country to apply for a spouse visa once you've reached the age of 21....but you run the risk of refusal if the ECO believes he applied for a visitor visa in order to marry and not to visit.
Unless he can show strong reasons for returning to India before his visitor visa expires, then an application isn't likely to succeed, especially bearing in mind that he has a fiancee in the UK....which he will have to declare in his visa application.
Ill stick to visitors cz we are not engaged or abything i still have 10 months to 21!
but if i apply in november for him to come here to marru me is that possible?apply in nivmeber and whe ni turn 21 he can marry me if u get me?
if i apply now for a visitor what will i have to do?
thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 pm

You can't apply for him to enter on a fiance visa in November of this year when you won't be 21 until (I assume) April 2012.
I've already said that in order for a visitor visa application to succeed you need to prove that he has a strong reason to return to his home country...i.e no intention to remain and settle here. This really doesn't appear to be the case and the ECO may well suspect that his reason for entering the UK on a visitor visa isn't 'to visit'.
How often have you met in person apart from your first meeting on holiday?

Angel5128
Newly Registered

Post by Angel5128 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Casa wrote:You can't apply for him to enter on a fiance visa in November of this year when you won't be 21 until (I assume) April 2012.
I've already said that in order for a visitor visa application to succeed you need to prove that he has a strong reason to return to his home country...i.e no intention to remain and settle here. This really doesn't appear to be the case and the ECO may well suspect that his reason for entering the UK on a visitor visa isn't 'to visit'.
How often have you met in person apart from your first meeting on holiday?
we have met many times.went for a holiday again and he would come to meet me and family.we talk via phone webcam daily.
I can apply as a visitor for time being and he will return he has a job to return to as a strong tie and parents,

Marcus Samuel
Newly Registered

Post by Marcus Samuel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:40 pm

1: Bf does not qualify as a family member and hence the benefits that come with it.
2: You need to reach the age of 21 to apply for a fiance visa to be valid.

Angel5128
Newly Registered

Post by Angel5128 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 pm

[quote="Marcus Samuel"]1: Bf does not qualify as a family member and hence the benefits that come with it.
2: You need to reach the age of 21 to apply for a fiance visa to be valid.[/quote]

I can still sponsor him for. Visit right?will that be any prob?