ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for marriage(fiance visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xxamiamixx
Newly Registered

Applying for marriage(fiance visa)

Post by xxamiamixx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi there,

I am a Hong Kong citizen and my boyfriend is a British citizen; last week i tried to enter the UK to visit my boyfriend but was given refused entry on arrival as I've visited UK for fully 6 months previously and was given temp permission staying in uk to get a ticket back to Hong Kong and now back to Hong Kong. Boyfriend and I have decided to get married and have been looking for the fiance/marriage visa on the ukba website but it is confusing me a big time.

Isit possible for me to go back to UK then get register and then get a spouse visa afterward or is it a MUST to apply the visa in Hong Kong first? I am currently unemployed and would it be possible if my boyfriend could pay for my visa fee too? I would like to have as much advices as I could.

thank you for reading

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 pm

You need to apply for the fiance visa from Hong Kong (or spouse visa if you marry there) on application form VAF4a. You can't apply from the UK.
Your fiance can pay the visa fee.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for marriage(fiance visa)

Post by mochyn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

xxamiamixx wrote:Hi there,

I am a Hong Kong citizen and my boyfriend is a British citizen; last week i tried to enter the UK to visit my boyfriend but was given refused entry on arrival as I've visited UK for fully 6 months previously and was given temp permission staying in uk to get a ticket back to Hong Kong and now back to Hong Kong. Boyfriend and I have decided to get married and have been looking for the fiance/marriage visa on the ukba website but it is confusing me a big time.

Isit possible for me to go back to UK then get register and then get a spouse visa afterward or is it a MUST to apply the visa in Hong Kong first? I am currently unemployed and would it be possible if my boyfriend could pay for my visa fee too? I would like to have as much advices as I could.

thank you for reading
Better to marry in HK first and apply for spousal visa from UK embassy in Cotton Tree Drive,Admiralty.
BF can pay for visa but not possible to go back to UK to get visa you will be refused again unless you wait 6 months.See if there is vacancy for registry office for 8/8/11
chok dee