ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We got our ILR today! Question about children please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadinov
Newly Registered

We got our ILR today! Question about children please.

Post by saadinov » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi all,

Today we received the best news in a very long time ( 14 years and half exactly). The solicitor called us and said we got our ILR. It took only 2 months and half from the time we applied. It is a big relieve.

I have 2 questions about my children and about the citizenship please.

- I have 3 children, 7 years old, and they were born here in the UK.
We told the home office about them but we didn't include them in the application because for the 14 years long residence it is not allowed the add dependants.
So now that we have our ILR what should we do about the children? What is their status?

- How long should we wait before we can apply for citizenship?

Thank you for your help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Now that you have ILR and your children were born in the UK, they are entitled to claim British Citizenship straight away.
Congratulations to you both by the way :)

cankbs11
Newly Registered

Post by cankbs11 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:11 pm

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! you can register your children as british by filling up MN(1) form. the application fee for each child will be £540...

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 am

See also child born in UK. I believe that there are reduced fees for joint MN1 applications for children.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: We got our ILR today! Question about children please.

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:42 am

saadinov wrote:How long should we wait before we can apply for citizenship?
If the persons in "we" were illegal migrants before being granted settlement, then naturalisation application can only be made after at least 5 years.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!