ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK citizen spouse

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danmagaji
Newly Registered

Visiting UK citizen spouse

Post by danmagaji » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:11 pm

I'm an Indian national working in the US on H1-B. My girlfriend is a UK citizen and currently residing in the UK.
We're getting married in the US soon.
Now all these years i have been visiting the UK(her) with a Visit visa. I need to apply for a new one and so can i still apply for a new visit visa?
I do not want to apply for a spouse/fiance visa because i am not settling in the UK (GC application underway) and my visits will just be for a couple of weeks (<6 months). Is applying for the visit visa still ok/legal?

danmagaji
Newly Registered

Post by danmagaji » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:12 pm

any response please?.... can i apply for visit visa to visit UK spouse ( visit duration<180 days)

prashar
Newly Registered

Post by prashar » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Yes you can apply for a new visitor visa no problem....you just need to show the purpose of visit and sufficient funds for your visit.