ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ciaramc

Translation

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Can anyone reccommend a good translation company in Dublin to translate and certify documents for INIS?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm

orginally posted here...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=77559
you can get the translation in any language from DCU (Dublin city university) Glasnavin in the department of applied languages. and they will cost you 30 euros.

Go to DUC in person or Google the department of applied languages in DCU and contact them by phone.

hope it will help you.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks - one question when INIS asks for documents translated and certified can you translate it your self (i speak the language the docs are in ) and simply have them certified?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Interesting question. IThe industry is unregulated in Ireland. I don't think you could get a away with it yourself, as there is a possible conflict of interest or self interest. But, if you know someone with a degree in languages or some relevant quaification, I think they could do it, if they swear to the truth and accuracy of the translation. Worth a try if you really want to save some money on a long translation, for example.
DCU sounds cheap. The usual price ime is €50 per certificate.

chebas

Post by chebas » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:30 am

I've had really good experiences with translate.ie