ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW previously Tier 1 general category!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail

PSW previously Tier 1 general category!

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Switching from PSW to Tier 1 general!!!

Please note that PSW previously was part of Tier 1 Genreal then how come UKBA has closed it to PSW???????

Extract from UKBA Website...
Eligibility:
Are you in an eligible immigration category?

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under Tier 1 (General) if you are already in the UK with permission to stay (known as 'leave to remain') in one of the following immigration categories:

* highly skilled migrant
* writer, composer or artist
* self-employed lawyer
* Tier 1 (General)
* Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), if you are eligible to switch into Tier 1 (General).

There is a category Tier 1 Genreal and according to old rules PSW falls under Tier 1 General.Therefore it means that people who are in this category already in the UK can apply......

Read further from UKBA Website:

How many points do you need?

Your total points score must be at least 95 points if you currently have permission to stay in the UK as:

* a Tier 1 (General) migrant under the Immigration Rules in place before 19 July 2010;
* a highly skilled migrant;
* a writer, composer or artist; or
* a self-employed lawyer.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Tier 1 Post Study is not part of Tier 1 General.

This topic has been discussed several times after 6 April 11. And the answer is No. Scheme is closed.

Although it is closed but you can try your luck by sending application! And if you get it please let all of us know.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 am

[b]Tier 1 (General)[/b] wrote:This category is now closed to applicants who are outside the UK, and to migrants who are already here in most other immigration categories.

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Hi there,

There is a grey area in Tier 1 general,as i stil have the copy of old rules where PSW falls under Tier 1 general ,therefore one should be accepted to switch to Tier 1 general from PSW..

I am doing more research,for sure ill share my research and also if i still applied from psw to Tier 1 general and the outcome here in the forum.

Regards.

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Tier 1 PSW is completely separate from Tier 1 General. Former doesn't count towards ILR and the later does.

Tier 1 psw is one time visa which can not be extended and psw holder is expected to switch to another category if they wish to require further leave to remain and must meet the immigration rules in place at the time of application. And as per current immigration rules, Tier 1 general is closed to all new applicants. Switch from psw to tier 1 general has always been considered new application, not extension.

Post by sarah_j_attaullah@hotmail » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm

@ celtic:

Your last sentence that means switching is possible?????????from PSW to tier 1 genreal...??

Maul
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 1

Post by Maul » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi guys,

I am on PSW, could anyone suggest which tier is the best option for me to apply under. I am still unsure about Tier 1, is it possible to switch over to Tier1 or not ??? Or i just have to consider Tier2 general cat. If so what about the propsed new rules which conclude that under Tier2 you cant apply for permanent residency. I am confused what to do now??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Tier 1 (General) immigration category is closed for all new applicants.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!