ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More details about ILR documents for Self-employed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kvasan
Newly Registered

More details about ILR documents for Self-employed

Post by kvasan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Immigration Board team,

My Background:
- Came to UK in May-2006 with WP.
- Got HSMP in Dec-2006
- Switched to Tier-1 visa in 2008
- 5 years of stay in uk in May 2011.
Now want to apply for ILR.
I am currently self employed.

1. so what documents of earnings to be given
2. How much earnings to be in the letters.
3. Apart from Annual account statements, do i need to show the payslips of last year ?
4. Do i need to produce the letter from employers ?
5. Do i need to show tax paid details for how many years ?

Thanks in advance.
-KVasan

kvasan
Newly Registered

Could anyone advice me on this please.

Post by kvasan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Could anyone advice me on this please.

kunald

Post by kunald » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Are you director of your own limited company? (If thats what you meant by Self employed). Are you self employed for the entire earning period or is it a combination of PAYE and self employment?

Assuming you are director of your limited company and self employed throughout the earning period:

1. Letter from Accountant, Profit and loss account, Balance sheet and copy of invoices. (It is also worth carrying a copy of draft accounts to 31 Mar 2011). You would obviously need to back up the earnings with bank statements. (Personal and Business)

2. Not sure what you mean?

3. If payslips fall within the earning period, you would need them. Also, if you were taking dividends you would need dividend vouchers.

4. If you are self employed you don't need any letter from employer (if you mean the end client you are working for)

5. Carry all P60s (5 years) with you (if you have them all) or as a minimum carry last 3 years.

In addition, also carry a copy of the fisrt work permit.

Based on many success stories (Self employed), you should be OK with the above documents. Mind you not all are asked for and vary from caseworker to caseworker. Carry all and give only those that you are asked for (assuming a PEO appointment).

kvasan
Newly Registered

Thanks for your reply. Here are my answers with more details

Post by kvasan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I am giving below details:

1. Yes, i initially came to UK in May-2006 with Work Permit through a company.
2. Changed job to other company in July 2007 and stayed till Feb-2008.
March-2008 is a gap month.
3. Changed job to other company in Apr 2008 and stayed till Dec-2008.
This company is closed, so getting P60 may be difficult.

4. Started my own company in Jan-2008 and since then working as Self employed.

So, I have one P60 for 2006-07.
I have 2 P45 forms. Since i was not employed in March, i did not get P60.

Is it required to get it ? Even if i have all the payslips ?

Also for the self-employed period, would they expect 40K per annum in the current year also ?
Because, i am getting less than 40K in past 2 years, but i have dividends taken, and the accountant letter shows these details. Would this be sufficient or shall i have to make it as 40K ? is there any points basis of calculations now also during ILR sanctioning ?

Thanks in advance
Kvasan

imbuser007
Newly Registered

Hello Vasan

Post by imbuser007 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:15 pm

you can submit Dividend vouchers attested by your accountant (must be registered CA)

you can show both salary + dividends as earnings

kunald

Re: Thanks for your reply. Here are my answers with more det

Post by kunald » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 am

kvasan wrote: I have 2 P45 forms. Since i was not employed in March, i did not get P60.

Is it required to get it ? Even if i have all the payslips ?
It is not a must as in UKBA's terms P60 and payslips are from the same source (i.e employer). If you have all payslips and can back it up with bank statements, that should be enough. However, having a P60 is better as some caseworker still wants to see a P60. If you don't have it, you can request a tax history from HMRC. That should suffice.
kvasan wrote: Because, i am getting less than 40K in past 2 years, but i have dividends taken, and the accountant letter shows these details. Would this be sufficient or shall i have to make it as 40K ? is there any points basis of calculations now also during ILR sanctioning ?
ILR is now points based. You have to score the same points that you scored when getting HSMP initially. It is not mandatory to have the same income level as long as you score enough points to qualify. Have a look at the SET-O form to see how many points you need to score.

If you have taken dividends + salary from your company, you would need salary slips and dividend vouchers (need not be attested by accountant imo..atleast I didn't get it attested) and these should match (I must say an exact match and not a rounded off figure) with the amount mentioned in Accountant's letter and your bank statements.

kvasan
Newly Registered

Review of documents before sending.. Need comments..

Post by kvasan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:01 am

Dear participants,

After getting different sources of information, i am submitting the documents with below:

I am a self employed since 2.5 yrs and applying for ILR under Tier-1(Gen).

docs related to company, accounts:

1. Letter from accountant to show the earnings of last 12 months
2. Dividend vouchers for 12 months (to match the drawals)
3. P60 of previous years.
4. Bank statements of personal, business accts.
5. P&L and company acct statements for 1 year.

apart from these, other than earnings/accounts related.

I have below clarification.
1. In some months, i have drawn multiple drawals ( 2 to 3 times ). But in dividend vouchers, it is merged on monthly basis (only 1 voucher).

2. Due to transfer latency from business bank to personal bank, a few days delay will be there. Since i am submitting personal bank statements for tallying, the dates will not exactly match with voucher months. will it be a problem ?

3. Is it required to show all the docs since i become self employed (2.5 yrs) ?

Though i am going through solicitor, they donot have much experience and