ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk_2011

Need advice on ILR

Post by rk_2011 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi there,

I qualify for the ILR under the 10-year rule in Oct. 2014 and under the 5-year rule in Tier-2 ILR in Jan. 2015. I have an had two interruption of studies totalling 5 monhs during my time as a student here. These were in 2006 and 2007. I don't think the UKBA were notified at that time of these interruptions as rules weren't as rigid as now with the Tier-4. In the statement of attendance I received from the College recently, these interruptions were stated. However, they were never mentioned before when I was applying for student extensions.

My Question: If I apply under the 10-year ILR, do I have to provide a statement of attendance from college (thus revealing my interruptions and followed by repercussions) or will a degree certificate just suffice? Perhaps people who have applied under the 10-year ILR and spent time as a student can advise. And, under the 5-year Tier-2 ILR, I hope only providing degree certificates will be sufficient (apart from work permit related documents)

ILR Hopeful. :D :( :(

tulip4500

Read the Guidance Note and Form well.

Post by tulip4500 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:52 am

Read the Guidance Note and Form well.

if you apply for Long Residence Rule.

you do not need any academic documents.

it does not matter if u were studying or not.

all they need to see is if you were living legally in UK for 10 years.

vinny

Re: Read the Guidance Note and Form well.

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:02 am

tulip4500 wrote:it does not matter if u were studying or not.
Yes. Mere non-attendance shouldn't be considered as a breach.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.