ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsering my in-laws - Tenancy Agreement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukmigrant2011

Sponsering my in-laws - Tenancy Agreement

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:34 am

Hi,
Both my wife and I are on Indefinite leave to Remain visa. I am inviting my in-laws to spend with us for 6 months. I am sponsering them. I will include :
1. My6 months salary slips
2. 6 months bank statement
3. employer Letter
4. Sponsership letter
5. Invitiation lettter
I read int he forum and uk ba that I need to provide the tenancy agreement. I have few queries on this.

1. I live in a shared accommodation comprising of 3 bed rooms, lounge/hall, Spam, bathroom. At the moment my wife and I use one bed room, my land-lord uses second bed room and the third bed room is vacant. As my in laws will be coming and staying with us I have agreed with my land lord that I will be using the third bed-room and pay the extra rent. As I am in shared tenancy I do not have a proper Tenancy agreement. . I may get this in writing with my landlord. Will this letter be sufficient ? It would be really helpful if any tenancy agreement format is available so that I can get the letter from my land-lord in that format.
2. I read in the forum some where that we may need to product No Objection Certificate. What does this contain ? Any template is appreciated.

Thanks inadvance..
Cheers

ukmigrant2011

Family Visitor VISA - Success

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I have applied for family visitor visa for my in-laws and they got it without any issues. As always this forum is useful and thanks for everyone.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Can I ask what is the difference between Invitation and Sponsorship letter? I meant why do we need two sepearte letter? Why not only letter stating you want to invite them and will sponsor their visit.

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Can I ask what is the difference between Invitation and Sponsorship letter? I meant why do we need two sepearte letter? Why not only letter stating you want to invite them and will sponsor their visit.
Invitation letter I have addressed to the Visitor
Sponsership letter I have addressed to the Immigration Officer. content is almost same.
I do not know exactly why we need both :-( I just followed the crowd.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Based on this my understanding was that only a sponsorship letter is required.

Its fine!

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:54 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Based on
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visit ... documents/

my understanding was that only a sponsorship letter is required.

Its fine!
Agree , I can't see any where that we need to submit Invitation letter.

Ironically it seems at Hyd VFS they have asked for that letter. It was good I has sent it. So better not to take chance and send the letter. After all it is an additional document.

VinayBondade
Newly Registered

Post by VinayBondade » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:50 am

Hello ukmigrant2011,

Did you get the Visitor visa without tenancy agreement? I too have the same issue, I do not have a tenancy agreement, my landlord is ready provide me a NOC and utility bills. will that be enough? Please advice.

Thanks,
Vinay