ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B2 for an Albanian living in UK

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vickivickii

B2 for an Albanian living in UK

Post by vickivickii » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 am

Myself (british) and my husband (albanian with ILR to live in UK) want to go to America for two weeks in September 2012. I know I can use the VWP but I understand that my husband will need to apply for a B2 visa. I just have a few questions.

1) when looking at the form we have to fill out for him to apply, it says that we must provide name and contact detail of someone we know in America who can confirm his identity. What if we don’t know anyone in US – surely this can’t stop you applying?
2) We don’t currently have the money for the holiday – we are saving at the moment. Do you advise us to apply once we have saved the money or can we show them that we are saving for the trip as it is so far away?
3) What are his chances of getting this visa? I don’t want him to get refused and then he can’t use the VWP in the future once he has british citizenship. He has a permanent job here, so do I, we have a house etc etc.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Visiting US has been something we’ve wanted to do for so long.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: B2 for an Albanian living in UK

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi. In answer to your questions:

1. It asks for the name of a person or an organisation. If you don't know anyone, you could simply put the name of the hotel where you are planning to stay.

2. It would be a good idea to have the money, to show that you can cover the cost of the trip without working there.

3. Hard to say. Based on what you write, it sounds as if your husband has a good case for a visa. However, the decision is entirely up to the consular officer, and depends a lot on how they are feeling at the moment they take the decision.

Keep in mind that if your husband's visa is refused, it could result in his ESTA application being denied after he becomes a British citizen, which would make him unable to travel to the US - possibly for a long time.

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply. I've just realised that we can actually apply for the British Citizenship in November this year which we will do straight away so hopefully he would have that by the time we want to travel to America in September/October 2012 and can just apply for an ESTA.

aa123

Post by aa123 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:49 pm

From reading your other posts your hub is still waiting for ilr?

vickivickii

Post by vickivickii » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Yes he is...

andrewmiley
Newly Registered

Post by andrewmiley » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 am

I agree with all the answers provided by marco 72. Whenever you doesn’t know anyone to give his name and contact details you should always prefer to give name of the hotel where you are planning to stay, unless providing any name it is difficult to get visa, I don’t think there is another way available for you if you doesn’t know anyone in US. We cannot exactly guess whether visa will issued or not because the whole thing depends upon the inspection carried out if they satisfied they will surely issue visa without any objections.