ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @Croydon PEO - WP + Tier2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kart
Newly Registered

ILR Success @Croydon PEO - WP + Tier2

Post by kart » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:53 pm

I was on a WP + Tier 2 visa. Came to the UK in early 2006 and worked for 2 employers.
Made a successful ILR application today with the Croydon PEO.

As it happened...

My appointment was at 09:00, hence reached PEO at 08:30.
Was asked to see an officer who checked all my docs. The lady asked for my LIUK certificate, current employer letter, last 3 months payslip + bank statements and evidence of my previous employment (I had a letter from my previous employer supporting my ILR application), asked if I was away for more than 3 months in any one period. Fortunately I was away for about 80 days, but had crossed 220 days in total (Business + vacation). Informed her about this, but she was okay with it (My employer letter stated my business travel days).

All OK and was asked to go ahead with the payment in the first floor.
Post payment, was asked to wait for my number to be called.
Was called in about 15 minutes. I was a bit nervous especially with my business travel days and vacations crossing the 220 mark, but it turned out to be a plesant experiece. The case worker was friendly throughout the process and didnt take long to arrive at a decision.
I informed her that I had payslips to prove that I'd paid NI and taxes for the business travel period, but she said it wasnt required (I guess the employer letter helped). After about 30 mins, she informed me that all was fine and my ILR was approved.
Collected my passport in about an hour.

Overall, it was a much better experience than I had anticipated.

Tips:
I'd organized my docs such that I presented only the required documentary evidence to the caseworker and not all sorts of evidence though I'd taken a pile of docs with me incase if asked.
The docs I presented were:
LIUK Cert, Employer letters (previous and current), 3 months payslip + bank statements, WP docs.

Hope this helps someone who wants to move into ILR from T2.
Last edited by kart on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:12 pm

congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience....

you haven't been asked for any P60's..?

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks.
I was asked for a P60/P45 as an evidence of my previous employment. However, as I already had a letter from my previous employer supporting my ILR, the P60 wasnt required.
P60 was not asked as an evidence for my current employment (though I had taken it with me)

monsoon
Newly Registered

Post by monsoon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 pm

congratulations!

may i ask how many of your 220 days absences were business and personal? thanks!

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

monsoon wrote:congratulations!

may i ask how many of your 220 days absences were business and personal? thanks!
100 days - Business, 120 days - Personal

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Congrats!!

Just one question..

you mention that you had an employement letter from previous employer ''supporting your ILR'' - could you please elaborate on the contents of the letter ? a brief description would be great. Thanks..

kart
Newly Registered

Post by kart » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 am

sherkhan297 wrote:Congrats!!

Just one question..

you mention that you had an employement letter from previous employer ''supporting your ILR'' - could you please elaborate on the contents of the letter ? a brief description would be great. Thanks..
Yes, the letter from my previous employer stated that I'd worked for them for the said period and the letter was towards my application for ILR and if any questions they could contact them.
However, if you have a P60 or a P45 of your previous employment that should be okay as well.

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

same day service?

Post by ReallyFedup » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 am

Was your application same day service?

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Congrats OP!!!!
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho