ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extention age points. guidance needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siddkhan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extention age points. guidance needed

Post by siddkhan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi everyone

I just wanted to confirm one slight thing abt age if any expert can help me out.

i got my tier1 general visa stamped in oct2008, I have extention this year in oct 2011. my dob is 3rd june, 1979 which wud make me 32 years and 4 months when i apply for extention .. so

1.) How many points would i get of age?

2.) does 32 years is counted as 33 or is it that if you are over that age after ur birthday it is considered the next number . for example if i am 32 years n 4 months it is considered as 33?

I will be grateful for your feedback guys.
Many thanks

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extention age points. guidance needed

Post by nionlight » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:57 pm

siddkhan wrote:Hi everyone

I just wanted to confirm one slight thing abt age if any expert can help me out.

i got my tier1 general visa stamped in oct2008, I have extention this year in oct 2011. my dob is 3rd june, 1979 which wud make me 32 years and 4 months when i apply for extention .. so

1.) How many points would i get of age?

2.) does 32 years is counted as 33 or is it that if you are over that age after ur birthday it is considered the next number . for example if i am 32 years n 4 months it is considered as 33?

I will be grateful for your feedback guys.
Many thanks
hi Sidkhan, You will get exactly same point for age, as you got for first time tier-1 visa. in October 2008.

siddkhan
Newly Registered

Post by siddkhan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:11 am

nionlight wrote:
siddkhan wrote:Hi everyone

hi Sidkhan, You will get exactly same point for age, as you got for first time tier-1 visa. in October 2008.

Hi NIonlight!
FIrstly thanks for your prompt reply

actualy the reason i am bit confused is becoz back in 2008 I had applied under HSMP but when the approval letter came and i got a bit late in going back to my home country pakistan to get it stamped, the rules changed and it got to tier1 and i applied from u.k and sent my psport to home office here.
So do u reckon 32 years and a few months would count as 32 and i would get 10 points for that?
Many thanks

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:34 am

siddkhan wrote:
nionlight wrote:hi Sidkhan, You will get exactly same point for age, as you got for first time tier-1 visa. in October 2008.
So do u reckon 32 years and a few months would count as 32 and i would get 10 points for that?
Nionlight already answered your question. See Paragraph 33 under Appendix A of the immigration rules.

siddkhan
Newly Registered

Post by siddkhan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 am

Nionlight already answered your question. See Paragraph 33 under Appendix A of the immigration rules.[/quote]

Thanks a lot ddb. You sound like an expert in this field. the link you refered me, and the exact para number u mentioned took me to the very exact info I was looking for and clarified my contention. thanks once again

Kind regards