ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On WP and getting married

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

g_scheepers
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

On WP and getting married

Post by g_scheepers » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:48 am

Hi,

I'm on a 5yr WP, which I received just recently. I plan got engaged this weekend and plan on getting married in December. What do I need to do to have her included on my WP? Do I need to apply for the whole WP from scratch again? Should she have a passport with my name on it? Can she apply for a passport now as we'd like to return to the UK after our honeymoon?

Your help and advice would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

lindelwood
Newly Registered

Re: On WP and getting married

Post by lindelwood » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:56 pm

g_scheepers wrote:What do I need to do to have her included on my WP? Do I need to apply for the whole WP from scratch again?
Your first step would be to inform the company sponsoring your WP, and they can amend your WP to include a dependent. It's all very straight-forward and simple *IF* your dependent has a clean immigration history. Hope that helps...

g_scheepers
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by g_scheepers » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:26 am

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it! Can she be included on my WP before we get married or only after?

lindelwood
Newly Registered

Post by lindelwood » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:30 pm

g_scheepers wrote:Thanks for this. I really appreciate it! Can she be included on my WP before we get married or only after?
If you can fully substantiate a 2 year cohabitation, then before. Otherwise after.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:18 pm

g_scheepers wrote:Thanks for this. I really appreciate it! Can she be included on my WP before we get married or only after?
Note that the actual Work Permit is for a single individual so this will not be amended. Your spouse will be given a WP holder dependent visa based on the WP Visa/ Leave To Remain stamp endorsed on your ppt/ travel document on the basis of said WP. Consequently your company/ employer has no involvement in the dependent visa application save for the provision of a letter confirming your employment details e.g designation, length of employment and salary which your spouse will submit. The letter is somewhat optional but having it smoothens the process.

montgomery
Newly Registered

Post by montgomery » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:48 pm

I agree completely with Kayalami, but would observe that the application has to be made to Croydon, not Sheffield, on a FLR(O) form