ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

ilr documents

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 pm

hi

my ilr is due in feb 2012. i am living in a 1 bedroom flat but all bills are paid by the landlord? what proof do i need to produce for my visa (like utility bills - bcos its on landlord's name) - i have my credit card bills and moble bills and internet bills - is this enough?

thanks

tulip4500

Read the Guidance Note and Form well.

Post by tulip4500 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:46 am

depends on which category u are applying....

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 pm

i am applying on ILR category? dont understand what you mean by which category ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 pm

hi,

i have the following doubts, iam on tier 1 visa due for ilr in Jan 2012.

1. i am planning to move to another house where all bills are going to be paid by the landlord. so is this ok ?
2. my wife is on a dependant (ter 1 dependant)of mine. - so what proof do i need to produce - i have marriage certificate but if i move to the new house then i dont have any joint utility bill..i can get my bank accoint as joint between us but i can do that from next month only ?

Thanks

kunald

Post by kunald » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 pm

krssubbu wrote: 1. i am planning to move to another house where all bills are going to be paid by the landlord. so is this ok ?
Thanks
UKBA is not concerned with who pays the bills. You should get a receipt from the landlord for the amount you are paying him. Make sure the receipt is addressed to you both (You and wife). In my case house rent receipts were accepted as cohabitation proof by UKBA (2 weeks back). Also keep a copy of the tenancy agreement.
krssubbu wrote: 2. my wife is on a dependant (ter 1 dependant)of mine. - so what proof do i need to produce - i have marriage certificate but if i move to the new house then i dont have any joint utility bill..i can get my bank accoint as joint between us but i can do that from next month only ?
Assuming you apply for ILR in Jan 2012 and you move next month you would only need another 6 months cohabitation proof. As mentioned above you can produce house rent receipts. Also, get the bank account in joint name now so that by the time you move you will have the statements addressed to both of you. Marriage certificate is of no use in your case as your wife is already your dependant and she has already been linked to you through that. In addition you can also produce NHS / health board letters as cohabitation proof.

Mind you for cohabitation, the proof(s) need not be in joint name. It can be separate but should have the same address.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:15 pm

thanks for the reply.

is there any minimum funds that need maintaining for ilr for myself and my wife?

also how many days is the maximum we can be outside the uk ( in my case i have been outside the uk in this 5 years (going to be 5 years n jan 2012) is 120 days roughly, is this acceptable ?

thanks

kunald

Post by kunald » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:15 pm

krssubbu wrote:thanks for the reply.

is there any minimum funds that need maintaining for ilr for myself and my wife?

also how many days is the maximum we can be outside the uk ( in my case i have been outside the uk in this 5 years (going to be 5 years n jan 2012) is 120 days roughly, is this acceptable ?

thanks
I am not aware of any maintenance fund requirement for ILR. I think there is none (but I may be wrong here...).

Max absence allowed is 180 days in 5 years and not exceeding 90 days in one go.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks for your reply