ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk_2011

Documents for ILR

Post by rk_2011 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi all,

One quick question: for applying under the 10-year ILR rule, if you have spent some time as a student within the 10 years, do you need to provide statements of attendance from your uni. to prove continuous residence or do the the passports you have held during this time is sufficient? Is it a norm to provide statement of attendance from your uni. for the ILR 10-year application?

I quote this from the SET(O) form: "All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s) granting you leave to enter and or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the type listed in 10T below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any period(s) for which you are unable to provide a passport."

Future ILR applicant :oops:

tulip4500

Read the Guidance Note and Form well.

Post by tulip4500 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

do you need to provide statements of attendance from your uni?

Ans: Not Required, but if you wish you can provide.

to prove continuous residence or do the the passports you have held during this time is sufficient?

Ans: YES you will need all previous Passports which u had last 10 years at least which provide all your visa stickers and Entry Exit Stamps.

Is it a norm to provide statement of attendance from your uni. for the ILR 10-year application?

Ans: Not Required. but if you wish you can provide either full 10 year or your present situation whichever u wish to impress them but not a requirement.

"All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s) granting you leave to enter and or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the type listed in 10T below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any period(s) for which you are unable to provide a passport."

Ans: Yes If you dont have previous passport to prove 10 years residence then you will need lots of documents listed in 10T as stated.

ALL YOU NEED IS:

All previous (10 years) Passport
Life in UK Certificate
Set O Form
2 Correcty sized identical Photos.
Correct Fees (Postal Order Can speed up by a week)

u can include a Special Delivery prepaid Return Envelope and keep the tracking number so you can track every day and u will know when its on its way to you on the day they despatch from UKBA office. so you can keep eye on the postman next day.

in addition you may include a nice cover letter to impress them
you may also include a letter from employer if you are LEGALLY working in a good job to impress them.
you may also provide a recent bank statement if you have some reasonable amount of money to prove that you are financially well.

you may want to use Adobe Acrobat or similiar software to fill the form and print to make better impression than writing by hand which i did all the time with HO.

other than that you must meet the residential requirement

you must not be absent from UK more than 6 months at one time
you must not be absent from UK total of 18 months in 10 year period.
you must not have a conviction. if you do then seek advice.....
you all previous visa application should have been in time and no rejection.

Good Luck! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not expert but I just provide my opinion. I got ILR on 10 year residence.
Last edited by tulip4500 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for your reply. It was clear and well structured. Did you spend any time as a student during your 10-year stay before ILR?

tulip4500

Post by tulip4500 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 pm

YES....MY ALL 10 years was on Student visa.
even my Student visa was valid till December 2012. But I applied on 12 March 2011 and received ILR in my house on 13 April 2011. (ILR dated 5 April 2011)

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 pm

oh wow .. and can you confirm that didnt provide them with a single statement of attendance?

tulip4500

Post by tulip4500 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 am

I posted on 12 March and
ILR stamped on 5 April and received passport on 13 April by Special delivery.

paid £900 by postal order.

10 year Long residence all on student visa
my student visa was valid till December 2012.

i had a traffic conviction LC20 but it didnt have any effect as it was done beofre 6 april.

documents

2 passport
4 photos (2 required)
cover letter
1 recent Nationwide bank statement showing £2400
Special Delivery Return Envelope
life in uk test certificate passed 6 months before the application date.
all photocopies including all passport photocopy
letter from present school about present course details that include couse start date end date and details like in form of a VISA letter. even that was more than 1 year old dated in 2009 and one letter dated 2010.
that letter did not have any info about my attendance.

set o form

tulip4500

Post by tulip4500 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 am

if you are really worried and u want to send attendance record. then why not send it? just send it should not harm.