ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK without sponsor consent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmm

Entering UK without sponsor consent

Post by nmm » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier-1 visa in uk. I sponsered my relative to accompany my old mother. He accompanied her and return back with her, during that time he stayed with us.

Recently I came to know that he again enetered the UK (on same visa as it was a multiple visit visa) without informing me and living with some of his friend. I got the information that he is illegaly working here and intention of not going back after his visa will expire in three months.

My questions are:

1. As I sponsered him for a single visit to accompany my mother. Is he illegal now as he eneter 2nd time without informing me.

2. If he work illegaly or overstay in UK will that affect my status in any way as I am his sponser.

3. I also got the information that he involved himself in a road accident and calimed the compensation.

4. If he is illegal can I report him to UKBA and how can I report? I tried to call crimestopper but they told me that they don't deal with this type of case.

5. I want to report him to UK authorities so that if he do something illegal I will not be responible for that but I am not confirmed about exactly where he is working illegaly but I have some knowledge about where is he living, is there some way I can report him to authorities.

Thanks

nmm

Post by nmm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:18 pm

can someone please reply??

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Certainly not here illegally entering for a second time just because you showed evidence of sponsorship for the visa.

nmm

Post by nmm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:09 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Certainly not here illegally entering for a second time just because you showed evidence of sponsorship for the visa.
Thanks for reply!

What about my other questions? if he work illegally or overstay? Does that affect my status? Where can I report him?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:19 pm

It doesn't affect your status.

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm

How can I report him?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:31 pm

How can I report him?
Click on the link below

UK Border Agency | Reporting crime or suspicious behaviour

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/report-crime/

concerned _sponsor

Post by concerned _sponsor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:33 pm

See below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... e/#header3

This may go to answer your question.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 pm

concerned _sponsor wrote:See below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... e/#header3

This may go to answer your question.
That link is completely different to sponsoring visitors.

1. No, he is not illegally here - your sponsorship is technically for him to be cleared for entry, not to actually enter.
2. No, unless there is proof that due to your involvement he is now working here illegally.
3. Not enough info.
4. Yes, you can and you should.
5. Report him to the Home Office (see krazydude's link) and clearly mention your concerns.

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks a lot mulderpf.

Your answers clear my doubts.

luky-marina
Newly Registered

Post by luky-marina » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:14 pm

nmm

Are you sure about your primary motive when trying to report your relative POTENTIAL misdoing to authorities? It looks like you just want "to teach him a lesson" to say the least.
You surely cannot be 100% responsible for what an ADULT does.
From my experience upon the second entry your relative was supposed to obtain another invitaion of yours where you would confirm your contact details and state how far your hospitality was extended.
If they at the airport let him in without all above - so you're NOT responsible. Relax and get on with your life.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 pm

luky-marina wrote:nmm

Are you sure about your primary motive when trying to report your relative POTENTIAL misdoing to authorities? It looks like you just want "to teach him a lesson" to say the least.
You surely cannot be 100% responsible for what an ADULT does.
From my experience upon the second entry your relative was supposed to obtain another invitaion of yours where you would confirm your contact details and state how far your hospitality was extended.
If they at the airport let him in without all above - so you're NOT responsible. Relax and get on with your life.
I do not agree with this sentiment.

Illegal immigration is a crime and crimes should be reported. If you are aware of someone committing a crime, whether or not you are implicated, you should report it. You cannot simply close your eyes to it and look the other way.

A visa is your entry clearance and is there to make the checks at the border faster - sometimes they will check in more detail, but most of the time they won't. Nevertheless, whether they checked the details or not, if the guy is doing something illegal, it should be reported.

Working on a visitor visa is illegal no matter which way you look at it.