ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Immigration Lawyers help?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetmissy

Do Immigration Lawyers help?

Post by sweetmissy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi All,

Is it a good idea to use Immigration Lawyers when applying for a visa?

They say they have 'success rates' But how beneficial are they to the sucess of the outcome of the visa?

Anyone used immigration lawyers?

Would love to hear :D

Salaam

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:24 pm

It is if you have got a lot of money to throw away.............that is solely my opinion.

Each application is dealt on its own merit irrespective of whether you do it yourself or a solicitor.

If you do not know what to do do, then it is advisable to get a solicitor to help prepare your application.......but on the other hand why don't you ask on this forum as there are thousands of people who have literally done that and succeeded and saved something like £500k at the same time.

The choice is yours to make :wink:

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Thank you for your response.

My husband and I have used a reputable company for our Spouse Visa application. (currently awaiting outcome).

We used them as my husband was an overstayer, and we thought there would be no way he'd be granted without their help.. :shock:

But after reading on here, my own research on the home office websites.. it seems we might have been ok, without their help at all..

Is 'overstaying' a HUGE issue? as on here many stories vary :shock:

Please don't judge us..... :oops:

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:54 am

sweetmissy wrote:Thank you for your response.

My husband and I have used a reputable company for our Spouse Visa application. (currently awaiting outcome).

We used them as my husband was an overstayer, and we thought there would be no way he'd be granted without their help.. :shock:

But after reading on here, my own research on the home office websites.. it seems we might have been ok, without their help at all..

Is 'overstaying' a HUGE issue? as on here many stories vary :shock:

Please don't judge us..... :oops:

Overstaying is disregarded if you are applying for a spousal visa unless you have tried to deceive the UKBA

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Nup we are both genuine :D