ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discrepancy - Tier1 Dependant application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tknayak

Discrepancy - Tier1 Dependant application

Post by tknayak » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:10 pm

I am applying for Tier 1 (General) extension for myself and my dependant (wife). With respect to maintenance funds, I will show a minimum of £1333 (£800 for myself and £533 for dependant, since I am in UK for more than 1 year) for more than 90 days.

I will show this funds availability in my bank account.

Filling up the forms for the main applicant and dependant are mostly smooth. The guidelines are very clear and explicit.

But while filling the dependant form Section 5, Page 36, it asks to give consent so that UKBA can check with the bank if required.

This page asks to provide "Name and Address of applicant" and "Signature". Ideally since I am showing funds in my account, I should provide my name and my signature. But it does not say to provide details for "Main applicant". Other places in the form it has either referred to Main Applicant or Dependant. Here it says "applicant". Hence confusion.

Further confusion because, you can show the funds either in your account or your dependant's account. So who should sign this? I don't want this to be a reason for rejection.

Has anyone have any view on this?

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:14 am

Read page 37 of the dependant form.

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:52 am

Hi tknayak,

Page 36 first section should have name, address and signature of the dependant, page 37 should have name, address and signature of the main applicant.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:19 am

nswapnil wrote:Hi tknayak,

Page 36 first section should have name, address and signature of the dependant, page 37 should have name, address and signature of the main applicant.
I think this is the confusion. Page 36 cannot be the dependant, because this is an authorization to UKBA to enable them to query to the bank. If the dependant does not have a bank account or the maintenance funds are not held in dependant's account, then there is no need to give authorization.

Page 36 most likely seems to be the authorization from the account holder for the account in which the maintenance funds for the dependant is held.

Further page 37 relates to "another person who is to provide the applicant with financial support". The main applicant is referred to as "main applicant" throughout the form, hence they cannot refer him as another person. And down below they are asking the details of "Name and address of third party". The main applicant cannot be a third party. And as per the guidance document, the third party can be a financial sponsor or govt sponsor for other categories.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:33 pm

tknayak wrote:
nswapnil wrote: Further page 37 relates to "another person who is to provide the applicant with financial support". The main applicant is referred to as "main applicant" throughout the form, hence they cannot refer him as another person. And down below they are asking the details of "Name and address of third party". The main applicant cannot be a third party. And as per the guidance document, the third party can be a financial sponsor or govt sponsor for other categories.
Yes. as dependant form is same for other categories also e.g. tier 2 where third party (other than main/dependant) can provide maintenance funds, thats why this option is there.

But the same does not exist in main applicant form as third party funds are not applicable in case of tier 1.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 pm

You are right tier1_applicant. Page 37 is not applicable for Tier1 (General).

I have asked the original question because, I don't want this silly reason to cause rejection of my application.

I am still waiting for a proper response. I will also try and get clarification from home office.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 pm

tknayak wrote:
nswapnil wrote:Page 36 cannot be the dependant, because this is an authorization to UKBA to enable them to query to the bank. If the dependant does not have a bank account or the maintenance funds are not held in dependant's account, then there is no need to give authorization.
Yes. It really does not matter if you are applying together because you have already given authrorization in your application (main applicant) form and dependant maintenance are covered from there.
But again no harm in signing also in dependant form just for completeness of application.
This is of concern if dependant is applying separate and then authroization is necessary from account holder.
For example if dependant(applicant) is a child and can not sign therefore parents sign on the declaration form.
Similarly if dependant(applicant) could not provide bank statement, main applicant can sign as he/she is providing bank statement.

letmec2006

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes. It really does not matter if you are applying together because you have already given authrorization in your application (main applicant) form and dependant maintenance are covered from there.
But again no harm in signing also in dependant form just for completeness of application.
This is of concern if dependant is applying separate and then authroization is necessary from account holder.
For example if dependant(applicant) is a child and can not sign therefore parents sign on the declaration form.
Similarly if dependant(applicant) could not provide bank statement, main applicant can sign as he/she is providing bank statement.
Hi teir1_applicant
The above looks very much logical, however since we dont have it in writing it makes a little bit of concern. It would be better if people applied earlier had any issue by doing the same ie main applicant signing for child, and main applicant signing in the consent statement, would be very useful.

Thanks
letmec

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm

Main applicant singing the child's form is not a problem, since it is clearly mentioned in the dependant form that for a child less than 18 years old, the main applicant can sign.