ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I want to marry Burkina Faso wife and settle in UK, help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmurray
BANNED

I want to marry Burkina Faso wife and settle in UK, help!

Post by jimmurray » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:28 am

Hi

I am a male UK citizen, and I have recently married my wife in Burkina Faso. She was refused a general visa for the UK a year ago when we weren't married..no clear reasons

Anyway we are now married, we did so in Burkina Faso and have the certificates. Burkina Faso is not a commonwealth country. My wife has poor english and speaks french. I speak 3 languages including english and french.

My wife is pregnant with my child. I fear that she will receive poor healthcare in Burkina and might even die during childbirth..

I just want to be with my family...I need your advice on a course of action, I don't care if it takes 1-2 years as long as we are heading in the right direction, to live as a family in the UK

I am self employed and business is good, I would have no problems supporting them without any benefits etc

Currently I need to visit her every 3 months for two weeks in Burkina, as the UK won't let her anywhere near the country it seems

your advice please

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:07 am

Settlement guidance on the UK Visas website here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... e#87218682

Your wife will need to pass an English language test. List of approved English language test providers:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... h-language

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

Applications for visitor visas rarely succeed when the applicant is unable to show strong reasons why they will return to their home country and not overstay the term of the visa. Evidence for example of either permanent employment, ongoing study, ownership of property in the home country, or strong family ties there.
When someone applies for a visitor visa when they have a spouse or partner in the UK the ECO is likely to take the view that they have more reason to remain in the UK than to return home.
However, when applying for a Spouse settlement visa, as long as you can meet all the requirements, finance, adequate accommodation, evidence of a subsisting relationship, the A1 language test....and you're both over 21, then you stand a good chance of the visa being granted.

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:54 pm

when she has the baby, will he be British automatically? as I am British?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 pm

jimmurray wrote:when she has the baby, will he be British automatically? as I am British?
Have you been British since birth? If yes were you born in the UK?

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am

yes I am full English, born in wolverhampton..does it honestly make any difference to the spouse visa process when a child is involved? or are they cold, malicious and arrogant as usual...