ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife has masters...does she need to do english test?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qawallified
Newly Registered

wife has masters...does she need to do english test?

Post by qawallified » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 am

hi guys, just a quick question for anyone who's in the know. My wife has done a Masters in international relations in Pakistan. Her Masters degree was taught in English medium. What i wanted to know was does her Masters make her exempt from doing the english test for the purposes of a UK Spouse Visa Application or would she still need to do the english test? if anyone knows please help as i'm really confused regarding this and the few people i have asked have given me mixed replies.

Also, if her Masters does mean she is exempt from doing the english test then how do i show this in my visa application? What i mean is, if i submit my wife's degree certificates in my application will that suffice or do i need to add something else as well?? Finally, where should she get her certificates attested from?? the university she studied at is what i presumed but i thought i'd ask just to be on the safe side.

Thanks alot guys.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:24 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

qawallified
Newly Registered

Post by qawallified » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

thank you for the reply - so basically going off that i'm assuming my wife can use her masters degree to prove she meets the english requirement...i will get in touch with UK Naric to get them to verify her masters degree and i will include her degree certificates in our application...one last question, does she need to get the degree certificates attested? if so, by whom?

ps i was told by a colleague at work that i would also have to get a letter from my wife's university to certify that the degree was taught in english...is this correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:52 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

i have an mbbs degree in english which exempts me from taking the english language test but

1. is attaching the copy of the degree enough or do i have to get a letter from NARIC??

2. If im attaching my degree only, who do i get it attested from??