ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any successful stories for Spouce visa ( Settled non-eea )

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mego_1980

Any successful stories for Spouce visa ( Settled non-eea )

Post by mego_1980 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi,

I have got my Permenant Resident through the retention of rights. I would like to get married and I need to know if it is easy to bring her over to UK on Spouce visa.

I would be gratful if someone could advice me on this situation.

Thanks

mego

Loz27
Newly Registered

Post by Loz27 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Where do you live at the moment?

Have you and your potential wife met before?

Explain further so we can try and help :)

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Loz27 wrote:Where do you live at the moment?

Have you and your potential wife met before?

Explain further so we can try and help :)
Thanks for your replay.
I am living in UK at the moment and my potential wife living in Egypt
she is one of my sister friends I have met her too many times in UK

waiting for your help and advice

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Any help

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 pm

You have your PR status, and therefore you have "settled status", and thus perfectly entitled to act as sponsor for your new wife.
John

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 pm

John wrote:You have your PR status, and therefore you have "settled status", and thus perfectly entitled to act as sponsor for your new wife.
Thanks John for your replay. I have asked a lot of people and they said it will be better to wait until get my british passport as it will be difficult as i acquired my PR through EU route!!!
Any advie or link to successesful stories similar to this situation..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:14 am

I repeat you have "settled status" and therefore perfectly entitled to act as sponsor for a new wife.

There is no evidence at all the applications from those having "settled status", but not British, are treated any differently from those from British Citizens.

Each application is judged on its merits, and of course the usual tests needs to be passed ..... financial test, accommodation test, and also "evidence of contact".
John

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 am

John wrote:There is no evidence at all the applications from those having "settled status", but not British, are treated any differently from those from British Citizens.
absolutely right, I have ILR on Pakistani passport and my wife has been granted a spouse visa very recently and coming over along with our 1 year old daughter next month:)

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:55 pm

ali sher wrote:
John wrote:There is no evidence at all the applications from those having "settled status", but not British, are treated any differently from those from British Citizens.
absolutely right, I have ILR on Pakistani passport and my wife has been granted a spouse visa very recently and coming over along with our 1 year old daughter next month:)
Thanks for your advice but do you have any topics in this forum in similar situation to me?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:10 pm

mego_1980, why are you continuing to look for a problem that does not exist? If your new wife's application is rejected it will be because of not proving that the tests, mentioned earlier, have been passed ..... not because you are not British.
John

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 pm

John wrote:mego_1980, why are you continuing to look for a problem that does not exist? If your new wife's application is rejected it will be because of not proving that the tests, mentioned earlier, have been passed ..... not because you are not British.
My previous experince with UKBA made me crazy and worry too much, That's why I am worried I want to be in safe side I don't want to waste my time and my life with UKBA. especially because I am applying for BC at the moment.
I spent 28 months through a very painful process with UKBA to get my PR and i am only trying to avoid this painful time again. That's all.