ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Application help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kratho11
Newly Registered

PSW Application help

Post by kratho11 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi, im applying for psw in july 2011 but i have a couple of questions before i do.

i graduated in july 2010. Have been working on a part time student placement on a student visa which my employer can confirm. i have all other documents in order. also my employer is willing to sponsor me for a MSc program. so now the problem is where do i stand in this situation for applying for psw ? Will i get refused or will i incur any problems in getting it ?

thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 pm

You need to apply for psw within a year of being awarded your degree. Note that the date of graduation is not the date you were awarded. The date of award is the date you were first notified in writing that you had successfully completed your course. What date did this happen?

When did you complete your course-why do you still have time left on your student visa if you graduated in July last year?

kratho11
Newly Registered

Post by kratho11 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 pm

my course was ment to finish in july 2011 as my course was ment to have a year placement in it. but i completed my course in 2010 and then took on a work placement.

i was notified in july . the letter i hold from the university which has a date on it aswell.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:28 pm

How is your employment a work placement if you have completed your degree? If your course finished almost a year ago then you would have been expected to either leave the UK or switch to another category earlier.

kratho11
Newly Registered

Post by kratho11 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 pm

i was told by uni i can go on a student placement and so was my employer. but now they are saying that who so ever told me that last year , has misguided me. im so confused and now worried. what do i do now ? shall i apply for psw or not? even if i do i am going to let the bia know in the form that i have been working on a work placement. Since i went on a course that involved a year placement. although i am going to university in september for a masters programme. Any help and guidance would be helpful and much appreciated.