ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa + English requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaurav.gangwani
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa + English requirement

Post by gaurav.gangwani » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:44 am

Hi All,

I am due to get my ILR in next two days via the WP - HSMP - Tier-1 route, my wife joined me in UK around December 2010 as a Tier-1 Dependent from India.
Now once my status changes from Tier-1 to ILR, i will need to change her status by using FLR (M) status as she has just been with me for 7 - 8 months..is that correct ?

Also the major doubt we have is that English requirement, she has a Honors Degree from Delhi University, India along with the letter from University that the degree was taught in English and the transcripts as well .
I have checked that her degree is in the Points Calculator on UKBA website and is awarded 30 points if selected.
I want to know that do i still need to get a NARIC certificate or the fact that her degree is in the Points based calculator and the letter from University should be enough for English Language requirement for spouse of Settled person?

I have read the following link from UKBA which states that if the degree is in the calculator that means is it recognized by NARIC as equivalent to UK bachelor degree and can be used to prove the English language requirement for partners.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

But i need someone to confirm this please ? Moderators ? People with Similar experience ?

thanks in advance for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa + English requirement

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:14 am

gaurav.gangwani wrote:Now once my status changes from Tier-1 to ILR, i will need to change her status by using FLR (M) status as she has just been with me for 7 - 8 months..is that correct ?
Yes, as already suggested.
gaurav.gangwani wrote:But i need someone to confirm this please ? Moderators ? People with Similar experience ?
Why do you doubt what is stated in the UKBA policy document?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gaurav.gangwani
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav.gangwani » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

Thank you very much for your help as always.

The reason i asked again about FLR(M) was that some of the other posts from people in the forum had a doubt whether the partner who is already in UK as a Tier-1 PBS dependent may not need to re-apply for FLR(M) if the visa is valid for enough time as per some of the rules changed on 6th April 2011. So i wanted to check with you guys again.

Thank you for the clarification of degree, so now i can just take her degree and the university letter which saves me from the delay NARIC would have caused to her application.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm

gaurav.gangwani wrote:The reason i asked again about FLR(M) was that some of the other posts from people in the forum had a doubt whether the partner who is already in UK as a Tier-1 PBS dependent may not need to re-apply for FLR(M) if the visa is valid for enough time as per some of the rules changed on 6th April 2011. So i wanted to check with you guys again.
As per this post, the technical change mentioned in HC 863 was in error, and does not apply.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!