ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition Endorsement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Without Condition Endorsement

Post by Angel592 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:10 pm

My mom has Without Condition Endorsement, I'm eligible to apply for it now, but can I get it stamped on the day at the Immigration Bureau because my mom has it, or do I have to wait 8 weeks like she did? Our Stamp 4 was supposed to both end on the same day, she just applied for Without Condition Endorsement and got it before me.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Without Condition Endorsement

Post by Aceform » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Angel592 wrote:My mom has Without Condition Endorsement, I'm eligible to apply for it now, but can I get it stamped on the day at the Immigration Bureau because my mom has it, or do I have to wait 8 weeks like she did? Our Stamp 4 was supposed to both end on the same day, she just applied for Without Condition Endorsement and got it before me.
You need to apply on your own. You can't get it on the day, you need to apply through the normal process and had to wait.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Aceform wrote:
Angel592 wrote:My mom has Without Condition Endorsement, I'm eligible to apply for it now, but can I get it stamped on the day at the Immigration Bureau because my mom has it, or do I have to wait 8 weeks like she did? Our Stamp 4 was supposed to both end on the same day, she just applied for Without Condition Endorsement and got it before me.
You need to apply on your own. You can't get it on the day, you need to apply through the normal process and had to wait.
Thank you! :)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 am

Angel592 wrote:My mom has Without Condition Endorsement
This means that she is an Irish citizen. Only an Irish citizen may reside in Ireland without condition and so his or her foreign passport is endorsed with same.

Are you an Irish citizen too?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am

Ben wrote:
This means that she is an Irish citizen. Only an Irish citizen may reside in Ireland without condition and so his or her foreign passport is endorsed with same.

I'm confused now Ben. Even I got my stamp 5 Without Condition to Time Endorsement. Which I got after 8 years legal stay in State. Does this mean that I'm an Irish citizen now? Can I apply for passport based on this?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Aceform wrote:
Ben wrote:

I'm confused now Ben. Even I got my stamp 5 Without Condition to Time Endorsement. Which I got after 8 years legal stay in State. Does this mean that I'm an Irish citizen now? Can I apply for passport based on this?
Without Condition As To Time is different from Without Condition. They are two separate endorsements.

Without Condition As To Time (Stamp 5) is granted upon application following 8 years lawful residence, subject to conditions.

Without Condition is an endorsement entered in to the foreign passport of an Irish citizen.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Ben wrote:
Aceform wrote:
Ben wrote:

Without Condition As To Time is different from Without Condition. They are two separate endorsements.

Without Condition As To Time (Stamp 5) is granted upon application following 8 years lawful residence, subject to conditions.

Without Condition is an endorsement entered in to the foreign passport of an Irish citizen.
Ah ok, understood. Thanks for that.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Ben wrote:

I thought to be an Irish citizen she has to have the Irish nationality. I'm not an Irish citizen, I've been living in Ireland since 1999 and I've had Stamp 4 for the past 8 years, I should apply for Without Condition Endorsement now, but it just takes ages so I just was wondering if it's possible for me to apply for Stamp 4 for the third time now as it's faster :)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Angel592 wrote:I thought to be an Irish citizen she has to have the Irish nationality.
Yes. Are you saying that your mother is not an Irish citizen? I seem to remember from your other thread that she has a Without Condition As To Time (Stamp 5) endorsement. So not Without Condition.
Angel592 wrote:I'm not an Irish citizen, I've been living in Ireland since 1999 and I've had Stamp 4 for the past 8 years, I should apply for Without Condition Endorsement now,
Only Irish citizens can reside in Ireland without condition. I think you mean Without Condition As To Time.

The two may have similar names but they are very, very different.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Ben wrote:
Angel592 wrote:I thought to be an Irish citizen she has to have the Irish nationality.
Yes. Are you saying that your mother is not an Irish citizen? I seem to remember from your other thread that she has a Without Condition As To Time (Stamp 5) endorsement. So not Without Condition.
Angel592 wrote:I'm not an Irish citizen, I've been living in Ireland since 1999 and I've had Stamp 4 for the past 8 years, I should apply for Without Condition Endorsement now,
Only Irish citizens can reside in Ireland without condition. I think you mean Without Condition As To Time.

It is a bit confusing though. Why would Irish citizens need permission to remain in state. They allow dual nationalities right?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Ben wrote:

Ohh really! I didn't know that. Do you mind please telling me the difference? I think it's the Stamp 5 one she has then :)

I also want to know how many times can you apply for Stamp 4. The only reason why I do not want to apply for the same one my mom has even though it nearly 96 months of having Stamp 4, is because it takes AGES, and I really need my passport to travel for holidays and I need to go and sit this exam in England.. I really hope they can give me Stamp 4 again for the third time, because I might as well!

Thanks for your help :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Ben wrote:

Ohh really! I didn't know that. Do you mind please telling me the difference? I think it's the Stamp 5 one she has then :)

I also want to know how many times can you apply for Stamp 4. The only reason why I do not want to apply for the same one my mom has even though it nearly 96 months of having Stamp 4, is because it takes AGES, and I really need my passport to travel for holidays and I need to go and sit this exam in England.. I really hope they can give me Stamp 4 again for the third time, because I might as well!

If it's stamp5, then definitely she's not Irish citizen. It is Without Condition as to Time Endorsement. Me and me wife have the same. I also renewed my Stamp5 recently and it took around 7 weeks.

ps: not irish citizen at the moment ;-) but will be soon once she gets the yellow form

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Aceform wrote:Why would Irish citizens need permission to remain in state. They allow dual nationalities right?
Sometimes an Irish national may also be a national of another country. That country may not allow dual citizenship. The Irish national may therefore prefer to use only his "other" (not Irish) passport. Perhaps he does not even have an Irish passport.

In answer to your question, an Irish citizen does not need permission to remain in the state. Rather, the Irish citizen is requesting that his entitlement, as an Irish citizen, to reside in Ireland without condition is endorsed in his foreign passport. The Department of Justice currently facilitate this without charge. This is the "Without Condition" endorsement.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Aceform wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Ben wrote:

If it's stamp5, then definitely she's not Irish citizen. It is Without Condition as to Time Endorsement. Me and me wife have the same. I also renewed my Stamp5 recently and it took around 7 weeks.

ps: not irish citizen at the moment ;-) but will be soon once she gets the yellow form
Oh right, thanks Aceform :) And have you any idea about my whole Stamp 4 issue?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Ben wrote:
Aceform wrote:Why would Irish citizens need permission to remain in state. They allow dual nationalities right?
Sometimes an Irish national may also be a national of another country. That country may not allow dual citizenship. The Irish national may therefore prefer to use only his "other" (not Irish) passport. Perhaps he does not even have an Irish passport.

In answer to your question, an Irish citizen does not need permission to remain in the state. Rather, the Irish citizen is requesting that his entitlement, as an Irish citizen, to reside in Ireland without condition is endorsed in his foreign passport. The Department of Justice currently facilitate this without charge. This is the "Without Condition" endorsement.
Thank you for clearing that up :) Yeaah she's definately on Stamp 5 then! :)

I would really appreciate it if you gave me some info about my Stamp 4 as it's worrying me
Thank youu! :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Ben wrote:

Cheers Ben

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Angel592 wrote: Oh right, thanks Aceform :) And have you any idea about my whole Stamp 4 issue?
You can renew your stamp4, if you have a letter from your employer and 3 recent payslips if you are working. Else just bring your mom's passport and GNIB card. This should do. But You'd have to pay that 150 Euros again once your stamp5 is approved.

I'd suggest you to just apply for Stamp5, and go to the GNIB once you get Stamp5.

Hope this helps.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Aceform wrote:
Angel592 wrote: Oh right, thanks Aceform :) And have you any idea about my whole Stamp 4 issue?
You can renew your stamp4, if you have a letter from your employer and 3 recent payslips if you are working. Else just bring your mom's passport and GNIB card. This should do. But You'd have to pay that 150 Euros again once your stamp5 is approved.

I'd suggest you to just apply for Stamp5, and go to the GNIB once you get Stamp5.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Aceform. I'm not working or anything at the moment I'm just on a gap year, I think I'll just take my mom's passport and GNIB card as you said then and apply for Stamp 4 for the third time :) Thanks, phew thats reassuring! I don't think I'll apply for Stamp 5 cuz Stamp 4 will give me another 4 or 5 years and hopefully by that time I'll have my Irish passport, if not, well I'll apply for Stamp 5 :) Thanks again, much appreciated! :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Aceform wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Aceform. I'm not working or anything at the moment I'm just on a gap year, I think I'll just take my mom's passport and GNIB card as you said then and apply for Stamp 4 for the third time :) Thanks, phew thats reassuring! I don't think I'll apply for Stamp 5 cuz Stamp 4 will give me another 4 or 5 years and hopefully by that time I'll have my Irish passport, if not, well I'll apply for Stamp 5 :) Thanks again, much appreciated! :)
You are most welcome. Hope all goes well for you.

Good Luck

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Aceform wrote:
You are most welcome. Hope all goes well for you.

Good Luck
Thank you! You too!