ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kipkip

spouse visa

Post by kipkip » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:11 pm

hi i will be applying spouse visa soon, as i was uk illegally, for almost 7 years before immigration arrested me and released me as i was in relation with my partner who is british, my question is if they ask me whether i was working should i say yes or no, although they never caught me working. again i had conviction of driving without valid licence which i was fined, will this affect my spouse visa application.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:22 pm

You need to tell the truth in the application. You're unlikely to be refused due to working illegally, but you face a ban if you withhold information or submit a false declaration in your application.

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:46 pm

but they dont have evidence that i was working the never caught me working so how can i tell them i was working.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 01, 2011 12:03 am

They may question how you maintained yourself. They may also consider 320(11).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun May 01, 2011 8:42 am

kipkip wrote:but they dont have evidence that i was working the never caught me working so how can i tell them i was working.
How do you know they don't have the evidence?
They may have but choose not to use it at this time.
Do you really want to endanger your visa by telling lies?

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:26 am

I agree with the senior members of this forum. It is best to be truthful when putting any application forward. If the agency finds out that you were lying, they will believe that you have broke their immigration rules and have tried to deceive them. In this case, it will be a reason for them to reject the application and possibly issue you with a ban.

Now ask yourself this, is it really worth taking the chance given that people who have stayed here illegaly have successfully applied for their visa given that they declared their immigration history?

Personally, I wouldn't.

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 am

my friend was asylum and then she returned to the country got married, but when she applied for spouse visa during interview she was asked more than 5 times is she was working until she decided to say yes and remember she was also getting support. so she was refused the spouse visa and one of the reason she working and she was not supposed, although hubby appealed and she was successful . also when i was arrested i was interviewed and they asked me if i was working and said no, so i dont think if they ask me whether i was working i should say yes.
thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 am

Well good luck! I have to agree that i think it would be best for you to be honest so nothing goes wrong.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 am

In my opinion you'll be making a big mistake by saying 'No' to the question about work, but ultimately it's your choice. Hopefully, we won't find ourselves reading a post from you in the future about how to have a ban lifted due to submitting false information. :roll:

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 am

hi if i produce the telphone bill which i have downloaded and printed will they accept or they will require the original bill,

bobbyash
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyash » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:34 pm

so....

you was in this country illegally

you was working illegally

you was driving illegally

and now you want to lie

its people like you who make it harder for decent, honest people who want to live it this country legally and obey the laws of this country.

thing is...they'll probably let you stay because this country is so messed up.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Bobbyash, while I'm certainly not condoning the illegal route we also have to bear in mind that there are a multitude of reasons, which trap people in this situation.
The forum isn't here to judge but to offer advice where possible.

bobbyash
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyash » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 pm

ok fair point. this forum in not the place to express personal opinions on others.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks. It's best not to. :?

kipkip

paragraph 320(11)

Post by kipkip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 am

I would like to know when you are refused visa under the paragraph 320(11), how do you argue about that paragraph in appeal.
Who shall separate me from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? or even VISA REFUSAL?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: paragraph 320(11)

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 am

kipkip wrote:I would like to know when you are refused visa under the paragraph 320(11), how do you argue about that paragraph in appeal.
have you been refused under this paragraph or are you just anticipating that you will be?

until you have been refused then no one can tell you how to respond to the refusal.

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 pm

no i have not yet applied but i will be applying in two months time as am preparing the document, the reason is so many people here in forum seems to be refused on that clause 320(11). so i was wondering how they argue and win their cases based on that paragraph.
Who shall separate me from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? or even VISA REFUSAL?

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi i have some few question,
1. TB certificate is valid for how many months.
2. I have been waiting for my result with city and guild, anybody knows waiting time for them to release the results
3 if my partner is paying back money she owes HM revenue, will i have problem in applying for spouse visa.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 am

kipkip wrote:i have been refused settlement visa. The refused on basis that i have not been in a subsisting relationship. what is all about this subsisting relationship. yes i did not give documentary evidence from 2006 but i gave them from 2008. below is the refusal note.

You state that you commenced an unmarried partner relationship with your sponsor in 2006 but do not specify when in this year. You have provided no documentary evidence to support this claim. I acknowledge that you have two children together but this alone does not show that you have been in a subsisting relationship. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 295A(i) of HC395
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:50 am

anybody to help me on what write to them when am appealing on that ground of refusal?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:37 pm

kipkip wrote:hi i was refused settlements visa, but we are going to appeal, my solicitor wrote submission so that i can take it to embassy and at the same time he told me he will appeal at the same time in uk. Now am confused about this. now am asking if this is in order.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:39 pm

You can either submit the appeal at the issuing post (embassy) or in the UK.

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 am

hi can somebody clarify for me, Is representation the same as appeal

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:14 am

If i apply for settlement visa again after refusal and i meet all the requirement of first refusal, can Eco get other reasons to refuse me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Yes, if you fail to meet any of the mandatory requirements when you apply again.