ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eea Spouse of UK national travelling to italy with me.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roadrunner_1024
Newly Registered

non eea Spouse of UK national travelling to italy with me.

Post by roadrunner_1024 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 pm

hi,

my wife & i are travelling to italy soon & from what i have seen some people have had sucessful entry with a valid passport & their marriage certificate upon landing in an EU country.

we both stay in the UK & my wife has a UK residency permit on her chinese passport.

please give us some advice, do we need to apply for a visa using this form? http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/IMG/pdf/visagb.pdf

or can we simply arrive in italy & they issue her a landing visa because of Directive 2004/38/EC ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:18 am

I think that only applies to EU nationals exercising a treaty right - if u r not one of those ur wife will need a Schengen Visa.

She'll need to make an appointment at the nearest Italian consulate and hope for the best since in the summer months they're booked up months in advance.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Wanderer wrote:I think that only applies to EU nationals exercising a treaty right
No. All EEA citizens have residence rights up to 3 months without the need to prove exercise of Treaty Rights - consequently so do their family members.
--
Mark Y-M
London

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:27 pm

In theory it should work that way, but I'd recommend you get hold of a copy of Decreto Legislativo 30/2007 (the Italian incorporation of Directive 38/2004) as well as a recent marriage certificate, with is best translated into Italian and certified (apostille).

Italian law guarantees your wife can enter with you.

kavanspace

Non-EEA spouse visit to Italy with EEA spouse

Post by kavanspace » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 am

Hi Road runner,

its been a while now so how was your visit to Italy, did u needed a visa or were they ok ??? I am in the same boat now and its still confusing.

I just been to France without visa so I guess Italy shoudl be same being a Schengen Nation / EEA nation.

How was yours????

Thanks

Loz27
Newly Registered

Post by Loz27 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey

Would like tooo know how you got on??

We have been issued a schengen visa(husband) as we thought it might be a bit easier and less hassle then to explain our story each time we enter diff country.

x